Alienware X51R2

ssprod

• Administrators

Ok, 1st time for me I deal with external declarations and a separate SSDT for GPUs. Anyway, here are patched DSDT + SSDT-6 tables. Try to rename them as DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml and place them in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

DSDT_ALW.aml.zip SSDT-6_ALW.aml.zip

You can 1st try with only your integrated Intel HD4400: in the "Graphics injector menu" mentioned before, simply activate "Inject Intel". The SSDT table contains the device id + default Azul framebuffer/ig-platform-id 0600260a. You may try to experiment with other framebuffer values if you do not get graphics acceleration with the HD4400. There are about 15 different values but many are for mobile versions of the GPU.

If you want to try the PCIe Geforce GTX 745, I guess you'd simply have to activate "Inject nVidia". Again, the SSDT table contains the usual details for injecting an nVidia card, though I have not specified the amount of Video RAM it has on-board as I did not see that reported in the IOReg.

You may have to enable or disable the nVidia card in BIOS where it may be referenced as PEG for PCI Express Graphics.

Good luck. Can't guarantee it'll work.

Herve, thanks for going the distance here. Been busy at work for me, however just tried these 2 files. Regarding Nvidia, still no go without nv_disable=1, however the card and id are acknowledged in Sys. Profiler. Tried inject Nvidia as suggested as well as nvda_drv=1.  Regarding Clover Configurator, there is a section "Devices" that accommodates Fake I.D. and has a dedicated Nvidia box with "0x0... should I mess with that?  I don't have a SMBIOS filled in Clover, is that an issue in your opinion? Once again, many thanks here!  

• Administrators

For SMBIOS, try iMac14,1 or iMac14,2. If I were you, I'd try to temporarily remove the nVidia card just to get the system going with the built-in HD4400. Then, once that is sorted, out the nVidia back in the PC and try to switch graphics to the nVidia card.

Herve, after a few hours, and with the Nvidia card removed from the system, what finally got me going with HD4400 was installing (I hope there isn't a conflict of interest here.. apologies if there is) Rehabman's FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID HD4600_4400.kext. In addition, and re: your suggestion--->config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086 has gotten me successful graphics. Just testing now, but for the time being, I'm very happy with the performance. Now, tackling Nvidia is my next task at hand. Thanks so much, once again!

ssprod