G751JT- Monster of Hackintosh Laptop

makayama

Hi, I have managed to get my g751jl laptop working with El Capitan. Everything that I care about working is working except for the Thunderbolt port. This is a bigger issue for me as I was going to use it in a recording studio with Logic but I can't connect any firewire soundcards using Apple's thunderbolt to firewire adapter as it seems that thunderbolt is not working. I'd prefer not to spend $1000 on high end USB soundcard and use what I have. Plus I'd like to be able to take the laptop into any recording studio, use Logic and plug it in to what they have there. For this I need the thunderbolt port working on my Asus g751 otherwise I'd need a real mac.

Has anyone managed to get thunderbolt working in OS X on their g751?

I read that setting BIOS to thunderbolt 'legacy' mode is recommended to work in OS X but the BIOS of the g751 does not have that option. Is there any other way to get thunderbolt working? It is intel thunderbolt.

The problem with this Laptop is that Legacy mode is missing at security Level in BIOS, so we must let UniqueID. I have the same laptop and the only way i found to have my firewire soundcard (Profire 610) working with OS X is to first boot to Windows, and after that reboot to OS X. Like this, my Thunderbolt to firewire adapter is recognised... 
I think Windows Thunderbolt drivers initialize the TH Controller and authorize the Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter. I hope somebody will be able one day to find a way to initialize it from OS X side....

Booting into Windows and then Mac does work for thunderbolt, however its just power and connectivity. The Mac OS does not recognize it as thunderbolt, which you can see in system information. Its totally blank for me. Furthermore transfer speeds are around usb 2.0. Any solutions for the G751 and thunderbolt? 

So I had a G750JM that, minus the occasional lack of audio driver (restarting twice or thrice fixed it) ran OSX perfectly, even had working wifi. I upgraded computers and literally just swapped hard disks and re-configured the bios settings to match as much as possible, and... well, the computer became severely broken in OSX Yosemite. If anyone has a similar situation, just literally make another Clover boot thing and erase the one you have, don't re-install OSX. Seems like unnecessary information, but for people like me who stress out in the moment and think a clean install is necessary, it isn't. Follow the wonderful steps that makayama laid out for us in regards to all things Clover, and it'll work just fine. I like the fact that I have my GTX 970m running instead of integrated graphics, but the lack of wifi is a downer... gonna see if somehow I can get it up and running, will post findings here.

can anybody enlighten me how to patch DSDT and SSDT and what kexts to use? my hackintosh is running fine, but i have no battery-status, i read a lot of stuff in tutorials how to patch DSDT and SSDT but the tutorials are a MESS, absolutely unreadable for a normal human being. also the author of this thread should share his kexts and patches and what exactly he did....

now i have extracted my aml-files, disassembled to *.dsl but how am i supposed to know what to do next? what patch do i need? is

battery_ASUS-G75vw.txt

from https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/tree/master/batteryusable for us?

ok battery working with dsdt patch and kext, but i have problems with HDMI, monitor works nice (nvidia web driver), if i plug in hdmi cable, the screen jumps to the connected TV (everything fine). BUT: my laptop screen gets black, even if i unplug HDMI cable the laptop screen is black, only way to get back screen is plug in hdmi again so the screen is on my TV, restart laptop and unplug hdmi, then i have screen on laptop again. (also in settings -- monitors) i have no option to use 2 screens, extend, mirror etc

Hi, I have managed to get my g751jl laptop working with El Capitan. Everything that I care about working is working except for the Thunderbolt port. This is a bigger issue for me as I was going to use it in a recording studio with Logic but I can't connect any firewire soundcards using Apple's thunderbolt to firewire adapter as it seems that thunderbolt is not working. I'd prefer not to spend $1000 on high end USB soundcard and use what I have. Plus I'd like to be able to take the laptop into any recording studio, use Logic and plug it in to what they have there. For this I need the thunderbolt port working on my Asus g751 otherwise I'd need a real mac.

Has anyone managed to get thunderbolt working in OS X on their g751?

I read that setting BIOS to thunderbolt 'legacy' mode is recommended to work in OS X but the BIOS of the g751 does not have that option. Is there any other way to get thunderbolt working? It is intel thunderbolt.

dear sir!

can you share your vBIOS dump by Clover (Press F6 to save graphics firmware into /EFI/CLOVER/misc)

thanks