Webcam not recognised on E6320

simonjohnharris

Hello

I have a Dell E6320 with Yosemite 10.10.4 installed with the Clover Bootloader.

Everything is mostly working with the exception of the built in Webcam.

In system information, I have the following:-

Laptop_Integrated_Webcam_HD:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_3141 ProductID_25651

Unique ID: 0x1a1500000c456433

Based on this, it seems to be recognised but in the Facetime and Image Capture apps, the webcam is not recognised.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Perhaps there is a kext I need to apply?

Thanks

• Administrators

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6503-dell-latitude-e6320-with-i5-2520m-hd3000-and-1366x768-lcd-mavericks/

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8245-e6320-yosemite-a-couple-of-issues/

We need raw IOReg output + extracted raw DSDT, i.e. info extracted from OS X having booted without patched DSDT or extracted from Windows/Linux.

Hi Herve

I'm not sure what you mean. As I said, my experience with Hackintosh is very new but am learning fast!!

I have seen many mentions of DSDT online but when I built my laptop, I did not have a file like this. I simply installed Yosemite with Clover Bootloader in the hidden EFI partition and applied a number of kext files to ensure the laptop booted and that all hardware functions correctly. I went into Clover Configurator and made some minor changes related to SMBIOS and that's it. My procedure did not use a DSDT file and I'm not sure what this does.

Sorry for lack of experience and maybe some silly questions!!

If you can guide me through what you mean, I can provide the information.

With the exception of the Wi-Fi card which I have read is not supported (so will buy a different one), the Webcam is the only other hardware that does not work.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks