Install Yosemite on E6540

Stolidedog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, it works now!!!! :)

What I did is put in the patched AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and IOGraphicsFamily kexts for 10.10.4 from Herve's E6440 post and put the unpatched AppleHD5000Graphics.kext from 10.10.4 and applied Jake Lo's patches from post #19 and all seems good.  No flickering, no grainy menu bar and DVD player says everything is supported.

HDMI output for video seems to work.  HDMI Audio shows up in Sys Pref but says the selected device has not output controls.  FN+F8 loses the display and never comes back unless you reboot.

Other than that I don't know of any other problems.

bob

• Moderators

Post #18, you said you reverted those kexts to the the original already so I assume you did. In order to work with the FakePCIID, you need the original to get QE/CI. The patches are to fix what FakePCIID don't which is HDMI/MenuBar/ and Boot glitch.

Jake:

Let me try it again in the morning with the original kexts.  It could be I forgot to rebuild caches. I thought I did, but I've been hacking a lot of things. 

As far as FN+F8 goes, any ideas? 

I guess I'll need a patched AppleHDA.kext for alc292.  I saw a post for that but the kext is for Mavericks, will it work for Yosemite?  I guess I can try it.  Will I need any DSDT patching for it too?  Currently I'm using VoodooHDA.

Another thing I've run into is after a few minutes it locks up, no keyboard or mouse.  I tried to view the logs but it locked up on me again and I gave up for the night.  I'm at home now, so I'll see what I can gather in the morning.  If I can post anything as far as files go, let me know.

Thanks!

• Moderators

Try these files for HDMI audio, USB3.0, and Trim

Install to /S/L/E with kextwizard, making a backup copy. Remove VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler.

Repair permission and rebuild cache with command above.

Replace DSDT, patched for audio, USB3.0 and HDMI, make a backup of one from Hervé.

Use attached ssdtPRGen.sh to create your own SSDT.aml, just run in in terminal. Move it to /Extra when done

You can't toggle monitor with Fn+F8, that's for Windows. Click on Displays in Preference, hold down the Command key (Windows key), you'll see Detect Displays. Click on that. HDMI and DVI might work, but not VGA, not supported.

Brightness control should be Fn+F3 and Fn+Pause. Keyboard backlight I believe is Fn+left Arrow, can't remember.

Note:Updated files, mistake made to DSDT corrected

E6540.zip

Thanks Jake, I tried this.  Here are the steps and the results:

• Installed all the kexts into /S/L/E with Kexwizard with backup.
  • Removed VoodooHDA from /S/L/E and /E/E.
  • Removed AppleHDADisabler from /E/E
  • Repaired permissions
  • Rebuild caches
  • Replaced DSDT and backed up Herve's
  • Generated ssdt with your ssdtPRGen.sh 

Looks like no QE/CI now.  I only get 1024x768 resolution and everything is sluggish.  Lots of flicker on boot up and login.

I'm going to try patching the original AppleIntelFrambufferAzul and IOGraphicsFamily from the original 10.10.4 as you described above.

Jake,

I went all the way back and put your kexts back and used your DSDT but made one change to it:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method

{
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                           
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x0A)
                {
                    "device-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x12, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00                         
                    }, 

----

Changed 0x16  to 0x12 and I have full QE/CI.   HDMI output works too, but I have no HDMI audio, just internal speakers.  

I'll try to see if the lockup problem still exits.

Thanks!