Install Yosemite on E6540

Stolidedog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, some success!!!

Ok, if I boot up with the HDMI TV plugged in, then I loose Internal speakers in Sys Pref -> Sound, but it plays through the TV.  Not a big deal.

If I boot up without the HDMI TV plugged in, I have Internal Speakers and it works, but if I plug the HDMI in the HDMI output shows up in Sys Pref -> Sound, but it won't play through it.  

Anyway, none of this is a big deal unless you have ideas to try.  I feel so grateful for all you and Herve have done already.

One last thing,  I would like to write up installation instructions on this site to help the next person, but I don't know all the patches you've made to kexts and DSDT.  Namely the kexts you sent this morning.  Also, when I upgrade to 10.10.5, I'll certainly have issues.  What are your thoughts?

Bob

• Moderators

That's how it works, the sound going through the tv and you control the volume from there. Hot plugging should work too. Make sure to select the HDMI sound output after you plug in the HDMI TV.

You could update your 1st post with the installation guide. Updating won't be an issue, you just need to repatch the kexts with the perl patches. You could use my updated kext from my E7440 guide under Updates 10.10.5. You could keep your DSDT and SSDT.

Read through my guide carefully. 

You need the patched Kernel and Nullcpupowermanagement before you do the update and reboot, otherwise KP.

Yes, I understand.  Let me explain again:

Power off machine, HDMI not connected, Power up, Log in, connect HDMI, Sound shows HDMI, There IS NO audio through the TV.

Power off machine, Connect HDMI, Power up, Log in, Sound shows HDMI, There IS audio through the TV.

So basically hot plugging in HDMI doesn't give you audio.  I'm not concerned since I will use this at work and we don't really do any audio type of stuff anyway and If I did present on one of the conference room TVs, I wouldn't blast audio through it anyway.  As long as the screen works, I'm happy.

Just letting you know in case you are interested.

----

I'll put together some instructions sometime later.  Thanks again for all the help.  If there is anyway to repay the favor I would love too!!!!

• Moderators

See if this DSDT makes a difference. Rename it to DSDT.aml

Can you confirm the following are working?

Internal speaker / headphone

Sleep / wake

volume control (which key combo?)

brightness control ( which key combo?)

keyboard back if included (which key combo?)

SD Card reader

touchpad / trackstick scrolling

DSDT-HDMI.aml.zip

FN-F1 - Sleep
Power button to wake
FN-F3 Dim 
FN-Pause Bright
Internal speakers work
Headphones, I'll have to find a set, I'm moving and packed stuff up.
Keyboard backlight, dunno.  FN arrows do nothing, but I don't know if I have a back light
Touchpad seems fine
SD card, dunno.  I'll have to find one and try it.
Volume control:  Volume up and down and mute keys all work.