Network Issues on Dell Vostro 200 Yosemite 10.10.5

Tepoo

Hello Everyone,

as i have seen that Hervé was working on a Dell Vostro 200.

I also made this nice little Machine now working with Yosemite 10.10.5 (with a Geforce 8600 GT 512mb and 4gb ram)

It looks pretty smooth and also the performance is quiet nice.

But i can't get Ethernet working  :(

I Always just see "Ethernet" and not "Ethernet(en0)" and when i use this, i only get "Self-Assigned IP".

I tried a couple of ethernet kext files now. even the ones mentioned in Hervés thread. but none of them are working  :(

If someone knows whats the issue, i would appreciate any help ^^

Kind regards

Tepoo

• Administrators

Can you confirm the built-in LAN card model fitted to your Vostro? You can use DCPIManager to that effect. Normally it's an Intel 82562V-2. I'll really have to dig my Vostro out of retirement (I never re-hacked it since my HDD died on it whilst Yos was still in DP status... :-( ).

Does your "Ethernet" show a MAC address in the "hardware" tab when clicking on "Advanced..." button in the Network PrefPane?

• Administrators

If you updated your BIOS to the modded version, you may have lost your MAC address along the way... You can search the Net for the procedure to recover it. It's mentioned on BIOS-mods.com from memory.

Which kext are you using for the LAN card? The one I provided in my Vostro200 pack or the Intel1000e kext?

the current kext i have active is an AppleIntelE1000.kext from a All In One Package Script.

hmm, so my mac address is broken :( that sucks hard....i will check if i can find a guide for fixing this. cross the fingers :/

thanks for the tip.

Kind regards

Tepoo

Edit: so i remembered that i spoofed my macaddress some years ago on windows and it worked quiet well. i did the same now on yosemite

sudo ifconfig en1 ether 00:e2:e3:e4:e5:e6

and it works :D

Thanks Hervé