E5440 - How to dual boot windows with os x

fwz.mhmd

So I have OS X Yosemite fully installed with clover but is it possible to boot windows with it, or shall I just use VMware fusion.

Another question is that is it possible to boot straight into os x without it showing me the clover gui (I mean with clover installed but without having to show me the clover page when I switch on os x)

Also my clover GUI is weird first time I installed it, it had a Yosemite background with square tiles. now it just has a blue background with disk like looking options.

Another thing is because I am on Yosemite, can I update it to elcaptin

My Laptop: Dell Latitude E5440

• Like 1

• Moderators

1) Yes, assuming your OS X is install over UEFI. Create a new partition with MBR and install Windows on it, formatting it to NTFS then

2) No, you'll need Clover loader, otherwise your Hackintosh won't boot ...hence a LOADER. You could configure Clover to boot OS X after a set time but not remove the Clover interface during boot.

3) You probably have Clover theme set to random. You could download different themes and set it in the Config file or set it to Text Only under GUI.

4) Yes, you can upgrade to El Capitan directly like a real MAC, but make sure to install the latest Clover loader first, I suggest v3320 and up. Also make sure you have SIP disabled, you could add this in the Config file prior to upgrading.

I really dont understand how to change stuff like clover or config files on this hackintosh, i can mess it up so i dont change anything. A guy from this forum one time helped me set everything up remotely from making the trackpad to work and the graphics to smooth. 

What is MBR, is it disk utility?

Where can i find the latest clover? Can i install in like a normal app. 

How shall i disable the sip?

ps. sorry for being a n00b

• Moderators

1) MBR = Master Boot Record

2) Just google Clover Loader, the 1st link on the top will get you to the installer v3330

How did you install Clover to your USB OS X Installer? Use the same option

3) Navigate to /EFI/Clover and Open Config.plist with Clover Configurator ( google it, look for version 4.25)

ON the left, click RT Variabled. On the right, BooterConfig, set value to 0x28, for CsrActiveConfig, set it to 0x67. Click on file and save.