E6400 Yosemite Problem

ash9898

Update: I managed to Install Yosemite and get into the "First Boot GUI" by installing Clover on a USB with USBDiskUtility and using the default clover boot args & -f -v -x

However on the yosemite boot GUI screen it freezes at 50% loading :(

I think this might be a more general error that the previous problems I had above. Hopefully I will have it solved in the next update.

EDIT: Got into the GUI Installer and...................keyboard/touchpad doesn't work so I can't even do anything!

Tried my USB Keyboard and Mouse from my PC but the USB's aren't even being powered once the GUI installer pops up.

I got my Extra folder  from this tutorial (the "Extra for boot USB" file), and in that folder it has an "ApplePS2Controller.kext" file in the Extensions folder.

Because I'm running with the boot argument -x is it disabling the kexts from that Extra folder? 

I've got Yosemite working on my Laptop! It was quite complicated....

1) Install Yosemite using this guys tutorial (Disable Charger, Speedstep, Multicore if youre having problems)

2) Once Yosemite installs, go back into the Yosemite setup

3) Plug a USB, go to WIndow > Disk Utility in the setup then format the usb to Mac OS X Journaled

4) Download the "Extra.zip" folder from the guys tutorial in step 1, extract it and edit the SMBIOS file to match your CPU Speed

5) Now on another PC/Mac insert your USB. If you're on WIndows, install HFS Windows  then reboot windows so you can view the USB you created in step 3

6) Put the extra folder on that USB

7) Go back to your laptop and open terminal

8) Use the terminal command to copy your extra folder from your USB to the root of your Yosemite install (look at terminal tutorials, i used ditto command)

9) Switch off laptop and boot into Chameleon

10) Launch Yosemite with -v -f and everything will work it's magic

So in short, I had to use this method to get the kexts onto my Yosemite HDD

You can renable speedstep/multicore/charger after install