E6330: Waiting on DSMOS . . . during install

Poolchamp

Holy crap on a cracker!  I am not 100% certain what was changed, but both the sound and the USB ports are operational!  THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH, I want to buy all of you a beer.  

I put the DSDT file in the patched folder and I ran the ssdt gen script. I have a question on that, though. Does that mean a unique serial number has been created for the machine (a dumby one, I know).  I think I read something about that being required to access iCloud or something like that.  

I tell you what, this has been one hell of a learning experience.  And dare I say, even an enjoyable one.  I love learning about different operating systems.  

Thanks again.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

One thing I forgot to do was patch for the SD Card reader. Does this model have one?

Download this. Launch it and then click on File and save. Compress the file and attach it here.

No, the SSDT is for power management. It's specific to your CPU and can enable your system to sleep.

For the iCloud, iMessage stuff, that's a whole new ballgame.

Ok, I know there is a tool out there that is supposed to enable that.  HVT maybe?  

Anyway, looks like I spoke too soon.  The USB 3.0 ports are only recognizing USB2.0 devices (which is better than no devices) and has a very slow transfer rate.  Any ideas?

Also is it safe to update to 10.10.5?  I am trigger shy after the pain I went through these past few days.

Looks like I spoke too soon again.  There are two 3.0 busses.  One port is on the back, one is on the side.  The one on the back is listed as the super-speed bus.  It actually works fantastic.  The one on the side is listed as a high-speed buss and is a dingdong.  But it works for a USB mouse, so this is me being satisfied.  Thanks again, so much.  You have been awesome Jake Lo.  I hope someday I'll be smart enough to be in your position helping someone else out  ;)