D620 kernel panic going into MyHack install

Xephrey

• Administrators

Why do you use the -x flag to boot in safe mode? Boot with -f -v flags instead.

Make sure that myHack installed the bootpack on your ML standard installations, I fear it did not... Reboot your USB installer, then, once at the installation main screen, go to Utilities and run myHack->Install Extra->my own, targeting your local HDD ML partition, not the USB installer.

You should then be able to run standard ML (still with boot option arch=x86_64) without graphics support for your NVS 110M.

• Administrators

After initial installation, yes, but it seems you never got to that stage, did you?

Anyway, that stuff is about 3yrs old and I can't remember it all; though I do remember that the D620n was a bastard to get going...

• Administrators

Ok, I just grabbed the old D620n to try it out. I was able to complete 1st boot of freshly installed 10.8(.0) with -x boot flag. I prepared my myHack v3.3.1 10.8 installer with bootpack of the guide.

Which version of ML are you starting with? My guide does stipulate that with subsequent versions such as 10.8.2 or 10.8.3, I was never able to (re)boot, but I'm about to test after a direct update to 10.8.5 through combo update.