[SOLVED] E6430: El Capitan 10.11.4 Missing Audio and getting KP with voodooPS2 kext

jadamczyk22

Hey Everybody,

My Specs:

Latitude E6430 w/1366x768 screen, i5 3340m with 8gb ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive. 

I've successfully installed El Capitan 10.11.4 using this guide (used the e6230 bootpack since I have low res screen):

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/

Issue 1: Missing Audio

The last post indicates that you need to reinstall the appleHDA_IDT kext listed there, and I've tried that, however I cannot get the audio working at all. Should I be placing it in /S*/L*/E*, or /L*/E*, or should it go in the clover EFI folder?

Issue 2: Kernel Panic when loading voodooPS2

I kept getting a kernel panic right after the voodooPS2 kext loaded. So again, I replaced it with the patched kext available in that thread, on the last post. The patched kext also causes a kernel panic unless i boot with cpus=1 flag in clover.

Thank you in advance!

Ok thank you, I tried that right now, and it seems to fix the audio.

The VoodooPS2controller is still causing kernel panic if I boot without cpus=1 in the boot args. It also boots fine if I delete voodoo kext but then i have no input devices. Any ideas for that? I want dual core :(

• Administrators

Check out that you don't have 2 x PS2 controller kext, like one in /L/E and another in /S/L/E or in CLOVER/kexts/10.11 or CLOVER/kexts/Other. Dr Hurt's kext definitely works as tested on E6220, E6230, E6440 or E7740. So, you need to find out what you did wrong.

Detailed list of your actions and returned results could help...

Are you sure you've installed this kext?