HP Envy m7-N109DX

Artisto

OK, I'm on windows 10 here, I guess its a tad bit different but in "Details" it doesn't list anything however under "Events" it lists \FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0290&SUBSYS_103C817F&REV_1000\4&9d87850&0&0001.

As far as the Intel520 thing, does this mean there is some kind of limitation in using OSX?

• Moderators

Ok, looks like you have ALC290, there should be a patched AppleHDA for it somewhere already. Search for Mirone AppleHDA auto patcher.

OS X doesn't support Optimus (video switching). If that's what you mean by limitation.

Ok so in an effort to research my anticipated install here, I went to this site on you tube as far as the Mirone patch.    

Can anyone who has experience tell me if I may have some trouble with this method?   Last time on my Asus here, we mainly worked with MyHack.  In the comments below the video, it mentioins ALC269 Brix only.  What is Brix?  Does this apply to my machine in question here?

• Moderators

This is what I mean for Mirone's tool. Select Laptop and alc290. It may or may not work, no guarantee. Brix is one of the small Gigabyte Brix cube system.

As for myHack, it helps create an Installer boot disk that supports up to Mavericks, not Yosemite and El Capitan. For the newer OS X, you'll have to manually create the Installer with Clover or Chameleon (enoch branch).