• Moderators

@antialias,

1. All USB ports work  :)
 Good

2. Brightness control works  :)
 Good

3. SD Card reader couldn't check, I don't have a spare SD card
 100% sure it'll work

4. When I booted I got terrible artefacts on the screen so I was forced to disable your AppleIntelFramebuffer patches in the config.plist to get rid of the artefacts. I've noticed in your comment there it's for 1600x900 resolution. I have 1920x1080 resolution.
 The artifacts are during boot or after logging on? If latter, it could be you need to downgrade your BIOS. Known to cause artifacts with A13 on the E6430/E6230. The FB patches are for 1600x900 and above, it's for HDMI video/audio

5. Still no sound device detected.
 Make sure cache was created successfully. Did you see a successful output after you ran the commands or error?

If error, re run the last 2 commands until you have successful output

6. I run kextstat | grep -v com.apple and your AppleHDA_ITDkext was not loaded

run kextstat | grep -i AppleHDA

Should output 2 items

com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (274.7)

com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (9267.0)          

@Jake Lo

1. Artifacts already at login screen, even worse after login

2. I have the latest bios A17

3. After I copied the kext to /Library/Extensions I run all commands. As far as I remember no output in Terminal (I am not at home right now), but I got 4-5 times pop-up window with error message that the kernel extension (kext) had not been installed properly.

4. I will run those commands and kextstat | grep -i AppleHDA as soon as I am back home.

5. I forgot to tell you in my last post: boot graphics glitch has also been fixed

@ Jake Lo

Status for Dell Latitude e5530 vPRO, i5 Ivy Bridge, Intel HD4000 integrated graphics, 1920x1080, 8 Gb RAM, 128 Gb Samsung SSD:

1. El Capitan 10.11.4 and Windows 10 dual boot (both UEFI) on the same Samsung SSD

2. QE/CI fully working on Intel HD4000

3. No glitch at booting

4. All USB ports work

5. Sound works (internal, headphones and mic) - audio codec IDT 92HD93BXX, even dedicated keys for sound volume and mute work

​6. Brightness control works

7. Keyboard and trackpad work

8. SSD card reader works 

9. Ethernet works

10. Wi-FI will never work, I already ordered Nano USB Wi-FI

11. So, the only thing left is SSDT patching and battery kext?

post-92063-0-28896100-1462334458_thumb.png

• Moderators

Did you add back the FB patch for HDMI ?

Did you have to downgrade the BIOS?

Is sleep/wake working with closing/opening the LID?

Question about ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext that you use...does scrolling work or it just work as a generic mouse?

1. Did you add back the FB patch for HDMI ?

Not yet. First need to downgrade/upgrade Bios. Actually, I don't use HDMI at all, but I'll do it anyway.

2. Did you have to downgrade the BIOS?

Will do it this weekend.

3. Is sleep/wake working with closing/opening the LID?

Yes :)

4. Question about ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext that you use...does scrolling work or it just work as a generic mouse?

I've checked it right now: scrolling doesn't work, it works as a generic mouse. I haven't noticed that because I use USB mouse :(

Cheers

• Moderators

That's because ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext is not made for Alps touchpad, but for Elantouch. Previous VoodooPS2controller made for Alps are now causing KP with 10.11.4. Seems to work for some but not for others.