Dell e6430 1600x900 w/ NVS5200M install issues

The_Moves

I have a Dell e6430 with a 1600x900 screen, NVS5200M, 16GB RAM, and i7-3720MQ. I have followed the main guide for El Capitan, followed step 2 choosing the e6430.zip, and applying the fixes referenced in post 4. There was another thread here which suggested cpus=1 and asus pm fix, this allowed me to get to the current point where i'm stuck - waiting for root device, hazard symbol, and corrupted screen. I also downgraded my bios to A11.

Any thoughts? Are there more custom changes i need to make to my config.plist?

Please see attached photo of my current status.

post-93263-0-22017500-1462557386_thumb.jpeg

I tried it, hangs at "VoodooPS2TouchPad Version 1.9.0 loaded..." Looking at it in Clover Configurator, it showed 1920x1080 for a resolution - which I changed, but didn't help.

I also reset BIOS to default and reconfigured. No go, both with your config.plist and the one from the tutorial.

This is the one I followed: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/

• Administrators

in clover configurator, in acpi section drop table DMAR as a safety precaution also default boot volume might be set to Opt9020 remove the entry. and as scram69 suggests replace voodoPS2.

I was able to get it to work with with plugging an eSATA drive I had setup with all the OS X releases since 10.6. The waiting for root device had something to do with my USB 2.0 port. Unplugging and Plugging back in didn't work.

The VooDoo kext linked above seems to be working too. 

Now on to Graphics acceleration. Performance is very poor. I did notice that my NVIDIA GPU is shown in 'About This Mac' as a "NVIDIA Chip Model 5 MB". I still need to do more research on this.

I also need to get CPU C States working so it can down clock itself.