Arrandale/1st gen Intel HD graphics: display issue

Dude786

I installed the os fine by removing the AppleIntelGraphicsFB.kext and did the same after the Install by connecting the HDD to another mac and then delete the kext so I could get into the desktop!

I followed a Guide to enable Full Acceleration QE/CI but it just leaves me with a White Screen I took a screenshot using keyboard shortcut on the blank screen and sure enough the OS was there and had Acceleration but the White screen is blocking the view and I can't see a thing!

Anyone have a fix for this I've tried the Framebuffers but none of them work I don't know how to use Giofridas patcher tool because it just says Patching Failed! I don't know what to do, does anyone know about this?

Tried npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 -f -v but still gives me the white screen? Please I'm really hopeless right now and have been trying for a numerous amount of days!

• Administrators

i guess you would have to figure out if your LCD is connected internally by an LVDS or eDP connector if it is eDP it is not supported by OS X. you can also try connecting an external display to see if that responds.

I'm on the same boat as you Dude786. I've got 2 Toshiba laptops with 1st gen intel hd graphics Arandale and I was able to get Yosemite to install just fine  and same for sierra. But upon reboot from usb installer, select the mac partition and I keep facing the same blank white screen.  I think I know what's causing the issue though, on the thread on IM there's a section for kext to patch you have to include in the config.plist for either Yosemite, El capitan. Didn't see one for Sierra though, but I assume you could put apply those kexts to patch and see where that gets you. I haven't tried it yet personally because I just realized I never applied the patches til late last night.