E6410 - Not recognizing the internal HDD as a bootable El Capitan installation?

Kitten

This ALPS driver, correct? Alright, I'll try it out. I assume I just copy the kext to the folders in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts, correct? I don't need to do anything with "Touchpad Settings"? EDIT: Apparently not, my touchpad works fine now! Still not very useful without the keyboard, though...

My EFI folder can be found on Google Drive here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6fMfzYoSCJCQW9yclA2d3V2ajA

I zipped that up before I put in the ALPS driver kexts, but I don't think there would be much of a difference.

I understand why the USB ports and touchpad don't work (El Capitan likes to screw with things, I guess), but why doesn't my internal keyboard work? Is that a USB device internally, too? Or is it some other reason?

I sure hope my D620 doesn't explode before we're done with this, it's already engaging in the clicking hard drive charade.

• Administrators

i do not see any kexts other then fakesmc in your clover kexts folders. also you dont need fakesmc in every folder. the OTHER folder loads before any of the numbered folders so you can just put your common files there. i also see that your config calls on a DSDT.aml which i do not see in acpi folder and a theme which is not in the themes folder is that config file for your machine?

Well, I can only assume it is... I got it from the guide, see. That's also where the FakeSMC kexts came from; the guide said to place them in 10.10, 10.11, and Other (I put it in 10.12 as well, just to be safe). I had a DSDT.aml, but since the guide never called for it, I figured I would only need it for the installation of OS X. The theme, I am not sure about. It might've been in the pack of files I took from the guide, in which I only extracted the config.plist. Would having the missing DSDT.aml help with the keyboard/USB problem?

• Administrators

i dont see anything in that guide that has to do with with usb. he does have a dsdt.aml in clover/acpi/patched and these kexts in i guess library/extensions

ACPIBacklight.kext

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
IntelE1000e.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
VoodooSDHC.kext
aDummyHDA.kext

but it looks like that guide needs some serious updating. or at least be streamlined a bit. you can try just using the clover OTHER folder to put the kexts into and i guess put the patched dsdt into the acpi/patched folder and see where that leads.

also i think that guide started from here https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8347-e6410-nvidia-el-capitan/

Thanks, I'll try installing those. I guess I won't transfer VoodooPS2Controller.kext, since I already have the (presumably) updated one.
I do agree that the guide is a little... messy. Seems the creator's first language isn't English?

EDIT: So, I installed the kexts. The touchpad stopped working (I didn't install VoodooPS2Controller.kext), and now whenever I press any button on the keyboard the entire screen flashes white (like the screenshot animation on iOS). I'll try an external keyboard, and if that doesn't work, I'll try installing the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from the guide, replacing the other one.

EDIT2: Oh, wait, a reboot fixed the touchpad. The keyboard started working after I set it up. Now everything is working fine! The only thing that doesn't seem right is, of course, the WiFi, and the fact that there are a few apps with missing icons. Let's see how updating goes :)

I'm sending this from my E6410; my OS X 10.11.6 Hackintosh!! :D

Thank you for all the help, the only thing left to set up now is Clover on the internal HDD :)

I hope that goes well!

EDIT: Just noticed my sound doesn't work. I think I read something about it on the guide, though? I hope it's fixable.