E5470: performance tuning

mdub

I was referring to patching AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext to get HDMI video output working. It looks like that only works for desktop Intel HD530 graphics (platform ID 1912000)

I'd like to stick with MacBook Pro 13,2 SMBIOS for HWP support so changing to Haswell MBP SMBIOS isn't a viable workaround for getting HDMI video output to work.

I also tried the 'Fix HDMI output' kextstopatch from the XPS 15 guide at insanelymac without luck: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319766-dell-xps-9550-detailled-1011-guide/

• Moderators

AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul is for Haswell HD4600/HD4400, I think you mean AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.

I have HDMI video & audio working for HD 530 (0x191b0000 - mobile) with smbios MBP 13,2, with FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics + FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio

In response to post #10, can't you change "Default for display" to "Scaled" and select lower resolution?

Are you on Sierra or El Cap? Im on Sierra now and sticking to it. I don't need FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics for internal display to work, maybe thats the issue. Will install that + FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio and see if I have any luck. Are you patching AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer?

Are you using a generated SSDT with MBP13,2? I'm still getting KP with MBP 13,3 + generated SSDT. I tried changing Freq Vectors with Piker's script to MBP13,3 but no luck. Rehabman says HWP doesn't load X86platformplugin which means GPU power management doesn't fully work with HWP so I think using generated SSDT is still the way to go despite all the XPS guides recommending HWP. And apparently Apple isn't using it all yet so its a risk

scaled resolutions don't look good, I used HiDPI resolutions enabled by RDM and it looks ok with 1280x720 HiDPI resolution. I might try setting a custom HiDPI resolution with SwitchResX though