E5430 - EDP on Sierra installation

dktcite

Hi guys,

This is my first thread here so please let me know if I am not following any key rules for posting. 

I have a Dell e5430 currently running Sierra. I have almost everything work other than sleep and graphics. I've tried a lot of different patches and kexts and I am going no where with DSDT patching either.

I have read a couple of posts here talking about EDP installs. I am totally new to this but can I install EDP on my current install and then do a "build" so that it can install all the necessary patches and files that aren't correct on my laptop?

Or is it a totally unwise way to approach this?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Are you on Clover or Chameleon?

Please specify the system's spec:

CPU:

Display Resolution:

BIOS version:

If Clover, boot to the Clover GUI, hit F4. Continue to Desktop. Compress and attach the Clover folder here using the 'More Reply Options'.

EDP has not been updated for sierra use.

I have a working hackintosh Sierra on my desktop. Is there a way to download whatever other OS version that may be compatible on EDP and then use that on my laptop in question? I only seem to get Sierra in my App Store.

Thanks a lot Jack. This has worked.

Three things that still don't work and I don't know how to fix without screwing my nicely working hack are:

1) Battery status

2) Sleep

3) Audio slider control using hardware buttons

Any pointers?

Thanks a ton for your help - I really like what this forum is doing for the latitude owners. 

• Moderators

Replace your files in EFI with this but keep the above DSDT and Config file.

Remove VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler.

Install kexts in /Kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions and then run following commands

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

What version os Sierra are you running?
Volume and brightness control should be fix with 10.12.3

See my guide here for more info
  • Like 1

I am on 10.12.3 - I do have audio on my hack but I cannot control it from the three hardware buttons on the right side of laptop. They mute but the audio stays on full blast and vice versa. I'll give these fixes a shot and hopefully it will get fixed! 

I've noticed my hard drive stays at 51 degree Celsius and fan speed is almost constant (going by the sound of fan) - is that normal?