E5430 - EDP on Sierra installation

dktcite

I get the following output:

MacBook:~ user$ sudo kextcache -Boot -U/[/size]
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext NullEthernet.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
KernelCache ID: 00F1525FD3B2B827C2F6F653305D26F0
File at path '/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel' changed, cannot be used
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[17785] exited with status 77.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

This doesn't look right - is it right?

• Moderators

run it again until you no longer get exited status 77, error 17 is fine.

You can't control audio because VoodooHDA need a little customization.

With my files you have patched AppleHDA instead.

From the output, you need to remove VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler as I mentioned above.

You didn't add the kexts in /Kexts/Other/LE as I mentioned above either.

Not sure what's the NullEthernet is for...you don't have an internal ethernet device?

I used kext utility to install these kexts and they are put in S/L/E - unsure how I move them around.

But after a reboot my audio slider is fixed and so is battery status! Do I still need to remove VoodooHDA or should I just leave things as they are since they are working already?

The only thing I am now unsure about is hard drive temperature and fan control. I am not sure if they are normal behaviour but I won't worry till temps don't go beyond 60 degrees Celsius I think.

One last thing - how do I get system to boot straight into Mac OS bypassing Clover screen completely? Is it even possible?

PS: my wifi card isn't one of those supported ones (Intel I think) so am using usb wifi. Nullethernet is to get store working when using Wifi USB adapter as the only source of net.

• Moderators

Yes, remove those 2 kexts I mentioned above in /S/L/E and run those commands again to repair permission rand rebuild cache.

Make sure you also don't have NullCPUPowermanagement.kext in Clover kext or anywhere in the system.

You can't bypass the Clover loader GUI, it's what makes your system boot OS X, but you can make it boot directly to OS X.

In Clover Config.plist file, under Boot, enter the Default Boot Volume the OS X hardware name you use exactly with case sensitive.

Change the time out to 1 or 0, whatever you prefer, save and reboot.

• Like 1

Ok that still hasn't worked. But I think I can live with that. The newer issue is my fans. They run constantly and battery only lasts about an hour max. 

I installed hwmonitor but it only can show me my HDD temperature and battery life. Am I still missing some config?

Yes got the case sensitivity double checked - name too. I've tried 0, 1 and -1 but it still just waits at Clover screen for me to manually select boot drive. 

Anyways am still trying to sort out battery drain (it goes through in less than an hour) and sleep (very erratic) works sometimes and other times it doesn't.