[SOLVED] Dell 5548 - stuck - Sierra

arhu

I used the generic EFI folder after your instructions. I booted into the pendrive but it got stuck in the first line of verbose. after ++++++++++++++++++++++++. I read the troubleshooting guide below the post but could not understand what DIMM is. My laptop has two ram slots and each has 4 GB Ram.

I used the latest clover but now Kernel Panic is occurring at IGFX 043. Attaching the error image and latest efi folder below. My system is Dell 5548, i5-5200U with AMD 270. During boot I keep verbose flag on and disable_nvidia is checked by default. I dont change settings anywhere else during the boot. Thanks. 

post-111650-0-02753800-1501704712_thumb.jpg

EFI.zip

• Moderators

You didn't set the DVMT required for graphics for Broadwell/Skylake/ and Kabylake. Usually you could bypass the check with FB patch, or use EFI shell to set it in the BIOS. See pre-requisite in my E7x70 guide

There's a new way if you don't want to mod the BIOS, just add Lilu.kext (1.1.5) and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext (1.1.8) to /E/C/K/Other

• Moderators

I'm starting to sound like a broken record...LOL

Did you copy the kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions. then run the following commands to repair permissions and rebuild cache?

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Make sure there's on error after the last command. If error, run the touch* commands and kextcache again
Reboot