E6440: trouble with Azul framebuffer

k00l3

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please don't kill me...... I made matters worse. 

I thought I would rebuild so started from over downloaded a new  copy of 10.12.5  and created the installer and followed all the steps (100% exactly this time I promise) but after the last step of editing the kernel.plist  and rebooting it just hangs at the apple logo with an empty progress bar now : ( , I tried using -v to see if I could get an idea of what was causing it but it gets to the same point and hangs there.

I just tried now and it does the same thing, I had an error when I was repairing and rebuilding the cache the first time , some error 77 path to prelinked kernel , I just ran the repair and rebuild commands again and it was fine, not sure if that has caused this now.

It was still freezing at the Apple logo

I ended up rebuilding using Clover, but I am back to square one, no HDMI display output (unless I boot with the shell closed) tried to manually patch Azul FB binary but didn't work , put back the vanilla and tried using clover to apply the changes (see below) but still the same result. So frustrating  cos everything else is working perfectly. Guess I will have to live with this one . Thanks for everyone for the help and patience .

C5cVcEq.png