[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 3542 - Sierra

spidey123

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has an AppleHDA.kext for the Realtek 255 that has already been patched for Sierra?  Haven't been able to find it.  Just installed and everything is pretty good but obviously with the switch to Sierra the old AppleHDA no longer works.  Does anyone have an already patched one by any chance?  

• Moderators

Install this to /L/E

Keep the AppleHDA vanilla in /S/L/E

add this to Clover config ->KextToPatch

repair permission and rebuild cache

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable Realtek ALC255 #1</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
hBnUEQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
VQLsEA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable Realtek ALC255 #2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
hQjsEA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable Realtek ALC255 #3</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
YQLsEA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable Realtek ALC255 #4</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
YgLsEA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable Realtek ALC255 #5</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
gxnUEQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>

Ok thanks Jake Lo.  On Yosemite I was just using the patched AppleHDA.kext but I could never figure out how to patch my audio for HDMI.  Hopefully after I get the main sound, you can help me with the HDMI sound patches for the DSDT on my Dell 3542 Inspiron.  Thanks again.  Ill let you know how it goes.

• Like 1

Internal sound is on :)  Thanks.  Now if I can just figure out how to patch for HDMI.  Or do I just need to find the right AppleHDAIDT.kext?   I pretty much got everything except rightness keys but maybe after the update they will.  They were working on Yosemite.   

• Moderators

Brightness key is fixed in 10.12.1 or use El Capitan 10.11.1->6

HDMI video are set in the FB, I'm assuming your system is Haswell with HD 4400?

And HDMI audio is done with DSDT patch.

Attach what you have working with Yosemite, I'll try to update the patches for you.

Ok thanks Jake Lo.  I'll attach my ACPI Folder and Config for you to see, much appreciated.  To note I have taken the update to 10.12.1 but I have no brightness controls at all. 

My brightness keys were patched differently then in your DSDT that you gave to Nareto.  Rehabman had helped me with it last year and they were flawless in Yosemite.  Some people reported that the brightness would go down all the way but rehabman fixed that issue for me.  

On sierra though, no brightness keys work nor does brightness control show up under display in the System Settings.  

Oh yes it is the Haswell 4400.

I've realized that there is an error somewhere on my config or patched files because I'm using the latest config from rehabman for the has well HD 4400 and by default it has Drop OEM set to false but that should be true if I'm not mistaken, but if i set it to true I get Apple bar loads 2/3rds the way and then the computer just reboots.  Also noticed [newway] is also set to false by default but on my Yosemite config.plist that is also set to true.  You will clearly see that in the attached as I've included the config.plist with default settings in place for those two values.

I'm still experimenting however and trying to learn about how everything works again.  I tried to patch the BOD3 to HDAU patch to my DSDT but I  keep getting errors.  

Ok Jake Lo tried them out, unfortunately no luck with audio.  Video always works but Audio can't get it.  But now I'm wondering if it could be the TV?  Going to check on another HDTV and see what happens.  As for Brightness Slider, none at all.  What about if I copy the DisplayPane from El Capitan?  Maybe that would at least bring up the slider?  Another thing maybe its the VoodooPS2Controller I'm using.  Currently using Release 4 RC4   Not sure if this is the best one for this dell, works fantastic for the E6420 though.  Well actually it works well here too, just brightness is missing and it gives me down volume when i push f12, where as before f11 f12 were brightness up and down.  My volume keys though work perfectly as before after the update to Sierra 10.12.1 yesterday.  Thank you very much though because everything else is running smoother including bootup