Sierra on Latitude E5440

griftopia

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so this was the behavior...

I replaced DSDT and put it to sleep using FN+F1. It shut down.

I hit power button, and when it booted I still saw sound work, so that's good.

I put it to sleep again this time using Apple Menu. This time it worked and I get blinking power button. I pressed power button. Now when it came off sleep no sound. However the sound buttons and icon is enabled.

So I tried shutting it down normally. Spinning cursor forever. I powered it down.

Started again, once again used FN+F1. Once again shutdown.

I hit power button, and when it booted, this time I used FN+F1 second time. Once again it shut down.

Tried one more time, used Apple Menu to put it to sleep. It did sleep. Woke it up once again no sound but sound icon enabled.

In summary...

FN+F1 shuts the machine down cleanly it would seem rather than sleep.

Apple Menu + Sleep does seem to put it to sleep, but no sound on wake up.

Am I supposed to do anything else when I get new DSDT?

• Moderators

That's correct Fn+F1 shuts down system, not sleep.

For sound after wake, make sure you have CodecCommander.kext in /L/E.

Run in terminal to see if it's doing what it's suppose to be doing, powering up EAPD

log show | grep CodecCommander

That's interesting. In all other laptopns FN+F1 put laptop to sleep.

I do have CodecCommander.

When I run that command I seefew lines with

kernel: (CodecCommander) CodecCommander: Node ID 0x16 supports EAPD, will update state after sleep.

So it seems like it should be working, but it's not :-(

• Moderators

Check the timestamp after system wake.

You could try downloading latest version

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads/

Update:

Reverting back to AppleHDA_ALC292.kext and remove AppleHDAALC.kext.

Changed layout-id back to 1 in Config.plist and re-enable the audio hot patches.

Reason? 

Audio resumes with AppleHDA_ALC292 after wake, but sporadic with AppleHDAALC.

Tested on E7440 with same kexts.

I took your latest pack.

Replaced config.plist.

Did the switchback around the ALC kexts.

I saw CodecCommander file size changed. I'm guessing you took the latest and put it in the pack.

Repaired permissions and rebuilt cache. Once again, as usual, prelinkedkernel error. I'm not sure why most times I get this error.

Regardless...It WORKED! Sound continues to work after resuming from Sleep. Thank you so much!

I checked all my devices also continue to work after sleep. Except Wifi that I haven't fixed yet.

What started not so well, ending up working really well 8-)

Sorry Jake. One last thing. I'm trying to patch DSDT for my DW 1506. I put the patch then couldn't compile it. Obviously I thought I messed up, but that's irrelevant. I discovered that if I just open the DSDT and try to compile, it fails.

Can you tell me what version of MacISL you used? Perhaps that's my issue?

• Moderators

It's a de-compiling issue. You probably see 3 errors, fixing the 1st will clear the rest. Selecting the 1st error will bring you to this statement

Warnings can be ignore

If (LEqual (PM6H, One))                
{
     CreateBitField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0C._RW, ECRW)  // _RW_: Read-Write Status
     Store (Zero, ECRW (If (PM0H)
            {
                 CreateDWordField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._LEN, F0LN)  // _LEN: Length
                 Store (Zero, F0LN)
            }))
}

replace it with this will fix the whole thing. Note: this will error again after you save and reopen the file again every time.

If (LEqual (PM6H, One))               
{
     CreateBitField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0C._RW, ECRW)  // _RW_: Read-Write Status
    Store (Zero, ECRW)
}
If (PM0H)
{
     CreateDWordField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._LEN, F0LN)  // _LEN: Length
     Store (Zero, F0LN)
}

Okay, I get 44 warnings when I compile but I guess that should be okay. I'll get working on the wifi patch.

ALSO - I just saw two more issues.

1) My DVD drive is not detected

2) HW Monitor shows all sensors and battery percentage perfectly (I got the sensor kexts). However Mac OS Battery always higher percentage. I tried a few ACPIBattery kexts but no dice. Usually it is the HWMonitor that is messed up until right sensors are present. First time for me it is other way round. I have one of those fat extended life batteries. Not sure if that's a reason and I need some DSDT patch?