[SOLVED] Sierra 3542 - Video issues

npolite

Thanks. I noticed that the VoodooPS2Controller is different in the link from what is in the bootpack. I tried again to copy the files after replacing the VoodooPS2Controller in /EFI/Clover.... rebooted and issue with Video card exists again. Although this time I did hear sound! Not sure what is conflicting but something is either with the O/S or the other kexts is bumping up against each other.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got the sound working! I grabbed the AppleALC kext from the Inspiron 3543 bootpack. I also checked the specs and that model uses the same ALC3234 chipset. The AppleALC is 800k vs 13 for the AppleHDA_ALC255.kext. I would suggest replacing the file in your bootpack. None of these files had to be copied to /Library/Extensions either. I also was able to get the VoodooHDA to work but the sound wasn't very loud even at full volume. I still have that mouse choppiness on startup but can live with it. I may move some additional kexts from the 3543 just to see if helps out. 

Thanks again for your help...I've learned a ton on debugging this stuff.

Nick

AppleALC.kext.zip

• Moderators

I know, I uploaded that bootpack. I was just told that the mic doesn't work with AppleALC.kext. Since I don't have this hardware to confirm, I could only work with what others told me.

Glad you finally got audio working.

About the mouse choppiness, does it resolve itself after a minute?