Issues with High Sierra on E7440

punjabigator

Jake, thanks for the suggestion. I checked and I am running the latest version of ACPIbattery manager. after sleep the battery status stuck on a last known number and while I plug power adapter would not change it in the menu. Additionally, I also see few ACPI errors during the boot.

Here are few things I found while reading notes at rehabman's guide. 

"If you have a CPU that is Haswell or later, skip the part that follows for creating SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh. I repeat... DO NOT generate SSDT.aml for these later CPUs. If you do, you may break the ACPI setup due to duplicate symbols. The power management injections are provided in the model specific SSDT (later in ACPI configuration)".

(I am still figuring this out above procedure, not sure how to implement this)

Slow boot with APFS: This also leads to battery status being removed from the menu bar, and SysPrefs->Trackpad not showing the prefpane. With certain SSDs, TRIM patch, plus APFS leads to this problem. Solution: Disable the TRIM patch in config.plist or install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

(No slow boot, Need to test this one as well)

Update: Disabling the TRIM COMMAND, extensively studied by Rehab-man as well, display correct battery status. The problem is related with APHS+TRIM. It has been suggested to install it as HFS+ format. 

Question: How can I perform a fresh install in the HFS+ format? Thanks

Sleep issue was FIXED by installing it as HFS+ format. APFS+TRIM was the culprit. Thank you for all your help.

After sleep my trackpad and pointer stick become unresponsive and only a cold boot can fix it. Attaching to an external keypad and mouse shows that trapped still showing in the system preferences but no motion. I am using the VoodooPS2 version 6 provided in the boot pack. (created on February 13, 2017). Trying the most updated vodoodriver of Rehabman results no tracked detection either.

Thank you for your suggestions.