Issues with High Sierra on E7440

punjabigator

Hello folks, I was able to successfully install Sierra High by using Jake's Clover Guide (thank you). https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-clover-guide/&do=findComment&comment=54621

I need help in following issues:

1. The Mac Would go to sleep if I invoke the sleep by going to the start menu. However running on power or when I close the lid it keeps running.

2. And secondly after I boot the display is garbled until I let it sit for 20 minutes or so and then it changes to a functional display and works great until I do a reboot. Enabling Legacy Boot in the BIOS would not let it boot. 

Here is the output of assertions!

Last login: Tue Sep 26 06:35:14 on console

meraHIGHs-MacBook-Air:~ merahigh$ $ pmset -g assertions

-bash: $: command not found

meraHIGHs-MacBook-Air:~ merahigh$ pmset -g assertions

2017-09-26 07:11:10 -0700 

Assertion status system-wide:

BackgroundTask                 0

ApplePushServiceTask           0

UserIsActive                   1

PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0

PreventSystemSleep             0

ExternalMedia                  0

PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0

NetworkClientActive            0

Listed by owning process:

pid 94(hidd): [0x0000001500098036] 00:00:00 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968007.3" 

Timeout will fire in 600 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease

Kernel Assertions: 0x104=USB,MAGICWAKE

id=500  level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 4:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d100000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice

id=502  level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 4:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d130000 owner=BCM20702A0

id=503  level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 4:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d140000 owner=Laptop_Integrated_Webcam_HD

id=504  level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 4:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d160000 owner=USB Receiver

id=507  level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 4:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d180000 owner=Touchscreen

id=508  level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=12/31/69, 4:00 PM description=en2 owner=en2

Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler (Is this causing it?)

Please suggest any troubleshooting ideas.

Thanks

Its working...

Were you using a patched AppleHDA or the one included in the bootpack by Jake (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-clover-guide/&do=findComment&comment=54621). AppleHDA_ALC292 needs to go in the LE folder.

Also the boot-pack also has plist with AHDA patches. 

I hope this helps.

Jake thanks for getting back and providing an update. after serval reboots and permission repairs, once executed successfully, there is no garbled screen anymore. 

However, I am having issues with PM. Currently using clover 4220 as updated by RehabMan few days ago. The fan keeps running high all the times before and after the cover update.  

I found following text interesting, can you please shed more light on it. eg do we still need to generated a ssdt as its in the guide or do smth different as explained by ReHab Man.

Thanks (https://github.com/RehabMan/Clover)

• allow finer control over ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PStates with addition of Generate/APSN, Generate/APLF, Generate/PluginType options. So, with Haswell or later, you can enable CPU PM with only config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

• And with Sandy or Ivy, for use with SSDT.aml generated from ssdtPRgen.sh, but you need to drop the OEM tables and use Generate=true, you can disable APLF/APSN generation with Generate/PStates=true, Generate/CStates=true, Generate/APLF=false, Generate/APSN=false.

• The new settings are backward compatible with old config.plist files (no change in behavior when the new options are missing, all new options are default true). Note that because APSN/APLF are part of Generate/PStates, they have no effect unless Generate/PStates=true, whereas PluginType is independent, and is effective regardless of Generate/PStates selection.