[Mini Guide] HighSierra Dell E5430

vic1

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone might be so kind as to help me with a few annoying issues I'm having with my HS install on my Dell E5430. My Dell config is as follows....

Dell E5430 Non v-Pro
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.59 GHz
Video: Intel HD Graphics 4000      
Resolution:(1366x768)
Mem: 4Gb
Wifi: Dell 1540W (Not Working)
Ethernet: BCM 5772D Gigabit ethernet
Installed BIOS: A12

And so far using a combination of installing HZ's HS image, various EFI configs I have grabbed from various sources (and therefore flying a bit blind as I'm a noob when it comes to Hackintosh!) etc I have managed to get most things working on the Dell, but still have some issues...

1) I was trying to sort out the trackpad, which at the moment half works (only moves pointer buttons work, but no Preference Panel options or gesture controls etc) and have been flitting between the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad and VoodooPS2Controller kexts but never got it right. I have tried to uninstall the Voodoo kext numerous times (using Kext Wizard and flushing kernel/kext caches and removing it from 'Other' folder etc) but it will still load both kexts so it's like it's still being cached from somewhere but have no idea now where to look or how to remove it from startup - aside from this I did manage to establish that the trackpad is 'V3 Rushmore TouchPad' so wasn't sure what the optimum kext would be for that type of TouchPad as well despite reading the dedicated thread on the ALPS Trackpad (unless I have missed something?)

2) My Ethernet Internet connection stopped working today would only work in Safe mode, although after running the install_tools script to generate my debug data it suddenly started working again, so not sure why that happened, but assuming there is a discrepancy with my config somewhere in respect of that which also needs sorting out.

I have attached my debug output so if someone does have a chance to take a look at it and advise what I need to change / install / delete etc I would be very grateful as I have read so many pages that it's becoming a bit of a mush in my head!

3) (Edit) Also seems to lock up now when left alone and goes to stand by mode (black screen)

Cheers,

debug_13780.zip

• Moderators

oh boy....what a mess!

Looks like you have Chameleon and Clover meshed together or something.

First off, remove the following:

Extra folder <--for Chameleon loader, not for Clover

From /System/Library/Extensions, remove:

• ACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

From /Library/Extensions, remove:

• USBInjectAll.kext
  • voodooTSCSync.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext
  • VoodooHDA.kext
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • Niresh's Extra.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
  • AppleHDADisabler.kext

and then from /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, remove:

• NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
  • AppleNForceATA.kext
  • ApplePCIIDE.kext
  • ATAPortInjector.kext
  • SuperVIAATA.kext
  • XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
  • XHCI-x99-injector.kext

Now, add the attached PS2 kext to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

Change in Config file, Audio device inject to 12. You'll have to do the same for DSDT under HDEF

But if you prefer VoodooHDA, then leave both AppleHDADisabler.kext and VoodooHDA.kext in /Library/Extensions

Repair permissions and rebuild cache. Reboot

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

VoodooPS2Controller-R6.kext.zip

Hi Jake, thank you so much for taking the time out to look at my horrendous attempt to get HS running on my Dell! It hasn't been much fun tbh, especially when you're pushing towards 50 and the brain just doesn't absorb info as well as it used to...well at least for me!

Unfortunately I've had to take a drastic step in the last 24 hours and scrap my HS install as I didn't realise that HS no longer supports Logic Pro v9 (which I need to use over v10 for some urgent projects I'm working on) so I have had to go down the route of installing Sierra instead :(

In respect of that I've got that to a similar level of functionality as I did with the previous install (again it's a Hackingtosh Zone Sierra image not a plain vanilla one) and enough to get Logic running (very well to my surprise seeing as Sierra isn't 'complete' as such!) so that I can work on these projects (reason for that is my MBP died and had to knock up OS X on a spare Dell quickly, hence the many installation bodges!)

Would it be OK to open a question to you on the Dell e5430 Sierra thread about that install (as I'm getting some long boot delays with that, but it does eventually work and I got the Intel HD4000 working) seeing as this one is specifically dedicated to HS?

Cheers,

Jake Lo,

I know this is off topic, but do you think that you might be able to assist me  in helping me setup my same notebook w the i3-3110 1366x768 on Mojave? I just need help to finish setting up DSDT and a few wonky things (proper USB injection/AppleALC)?

Dear @Jake LO,

I just recieved this laptop E5430 (non-vpro)
specs:
i5 3210m, 8 gb RAM, resolution 1366 x 768
Readed this article and got more questions than answers. Can YOu help me  and give brief instructions to install High Siera (or even Mojave) guide.
Or even pre-install\post install fiies with latest clover included? I am going yo use BDU-installer fo Win method.
|
Thank You in advance! 
(bios version A21, I can attach my DSTS if needed)