[Mini Guide] HighSierra Dell E5430

vic1

@savage24x, When you wake it up, does it work normally?

It would be better if we have a debug report to troubleshoot. See How to generate proper problem reporting files

No, I'll have a regular cursor on the login screen, looks like it'll work normally, then when I go to type anything, it'll completely freeze up. No errors or anything, just spinning cursor of death. After about 20-30 minutes, it'll type whatever I tried typing before, then when I go to login or change the password, spinning cursor of death for hours.

Can't run that debug report because I can't get to terminal :(

Edit: Dropping this project for now unfortunately... Had to rob a drive from a spare laptop for a MacBook Pro I picked up for $30. When I can, I'll get a new drive and post up!

I was wondering, do I need to use disk utility to format the drive before copying the High Sierra installer or do I just install over yosemite, because once the files are copied over, I boot into clover efi and select boot osx install on high sierra, and get the same USB panic error as before I added Lilu on the EFI partition of the USB drive

Hi @Jake, thanks for your continuous replies, it's really appreciated.

Once I boot on clover from the usb, I've got 3 choices : boot MacOs Install from OSX (hard drive), Boot MacOS From OSX, and Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra

The third one works, as I am able to go to the GUI with diskutils Install High Sierra (select hard drive and such) 

As soon as this process is done, If i try to got to boot MacOs Install from OSX (hard drive), I get the panic error from USB

if I select  Boot MacOS From OSX, I get in to Yosemite no problem.

I'm thinking : do I need to boot in Yosemite, Copy the new files to the HDD EFI's partition and then proceed to boot MacOs Install from OSX.

Thanks so much for your time!

Hello Jake,

I was able to proceed to the actual install of High Sierra.  Here is what I did : 

- deleted the whole efi partition's content. 
- Installed clover 4334

- Added kext above for display and lilu and intelgraphic fix

Copied the install files over to hdd.  Booted with USB key and proceeded to install high Sierra from HDD.

Now I'm using the USB key to boot High SIerra fron OSX. the process goes on for a while before printing out a panic.

http://peauneuve.ca/IMG_20171213_094907700.jpg