Install OSX 10.7 Lion on D630 X3100

Mariusz

Thank you Bronxteck for the information but for now I'll stay like that.

I have a new problem and I know if Mariusz going to help me:

At times, on startup I have a "still waiting for root device", it was just after the line "rooting via boot-uuid"

Have an idea of the problem?

Other than that everything works great :)

Thank you all.

- Install Chameleon-2.1svn-r1791.pkg and EDP 2.2.pkg

- run edptool.command from /Extra and configure EDP for D630 X3100 (answers: 1 - 6 -1 - n - y)

- replace org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist in /Extra/ with the one's from this post

- reboot and use your Ethernet to update system to 10.7.2 or if You have a combo update install it and reboot.

- replace IO80211Family.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/

- done!

Hi Mariusz,

I've installed Lion 10.7.0 on my D630 X3100 graphics with 1440x900 res, I'm trying to follow your solution, beacuse I didn't have good graphics acceleration, but after the boot I have a black screen and only works the video with the external VGA out.

Have I done something wrong?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Hi Mariusz,

I've installed Lion 10.7.0 on my D630 X3100 graphics with 1440x900 res, I'm trying to follow your solution, beacuse I didn't have good graphics acceleration, but after the boot I have a black screen and only works the video with the external VGA out.

Have I done something wrong?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Have you tried DSDT from this post?

Ok, I replaced the DSDT file and apparently working well, but I have some questions:

- I can't plays DVD video and can not see Youtube videos with HD resolution. What it's wrong?

- The mouse something is blinking when plays videos, music.. it's like a slow perfomance of the system. Any idea?

- The CPU fan is noisy beacuse is accelerated. Can I use another kext for the energy consumption?

- The blue led of the wifi icon not flashing. But I have the wifi card working and connected to internet. Is it posible to enable?

Thanks in advance!

I have a D630 that I installed Lion using the Pen Drive method and I got everything working after installing EDP 2.2 except for the Ethernet. Is there a Kext to get the Ethernet working?

many people (including myself) have had problems with Intel's integrated WiFi.

I had to replace mine with Broadcom's (see my signature).

To get Wifi to work you need to use IO80211.kext from Marsiuz (hope I spelled it correctly).

This causes other install problems, possibly your eathernet problem...

Try to disable Wifi in your bios for the install process...

I followed the instructions originally posted by Mariusz-fantastic! Thanks ever so....

Just one thing is not working-my DVD has an 'Initialization error' (see attachment)

'A valid video device could not be found for playback'

Any ideas how this can be corrected?

Thanks

:rolleyes:

post-3204-078436100 1330643925_thumb.png