winapenny

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Installed the same way as El Capitan.

Make sure to use latest Clover version

So far not able to get audio to work. Still testing.

Audio and Brightness control won't work

Cap lock has some issue. You need to click it twice to turn and twice to turn off

Karabiner is not supported in Sierra as of yet to fix the controls

Update: Fix audio by removing extra hot patch needed in DP1(8A19D411 -> 00000000) and enable ResetHDA in Clover Config

Trying new Karabiner-Elements with customized karabiner.json. Got Audio and Brightness Control working as before.

Installed the same way as El Capitan.

Make sure to use latest Clover version

So far not able to get audio to work. Still testing.

Audio and Brightness control won't work, but brightness control can be reset in Keyboard preference to work

Karabiner is not supported in Sierra as of yet to fix the controls

Use this audio kext to enable your alc293 sound card. it will work on sierra GM2(already tested).

pls ensure you modified your dsdt in Device(HDEF) with layout ID=1.

and make the clover kext patch for alc293(total 4 patches).

this AppleALC.kext is in the version of 1.0.16 which support sierra, and I complied it by using Xcode 8.0.

Good Luck.

I found i can not upload any attachments.... so i put a one drive share link here :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtyY0ureP7184gtRjoSo1jREmWS2

ALC293.zip

Hello everyone,

My e7250 sadly does not recognize the internal ssd (it is the regular 128GB Samsung one from Dell) when starting the macOS Sierra installation. It shows up neither in Terminal with diskutil list nor in the Disk Utility with the GUI.

Is there any way to proceed? I set the mode to AHCI of course and followed all other instructions exactly.

Thanks!

Thank you, but that's exactly what I did. I just received this laptop today, reset the BIOS, installed opensuse linux just to make sure the hardware works (it sees the ssd and installs/boots from it), Legacy rom + UEFI is enabled by default, so I just switch from RAID to AHCI.

As I said, I followed your instructions (for El Capitan, but you wrote that the same instructions work for macOS Sierra) exactly line by line and really did not miss any steps.

Thanks for the quick reply, hopefully there is something I can check, a log file perhaps? Or maybe there is a special sata kext that I should check for?

I did. I dropped the ACPI and kexts folder into the EFI/CLOVER directory, as well as the config.plist.

But it wouldn't boot (kernel panic), I added this to the folder (DSDT.aml, ssdt.aml and new config.plist) to make it go to the setup (attachment E7x50_Clover.zip): https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7844-e7250/page-2&do=findComment&comment=49828

Finally it would kernel panic because of the graphics card, so I removed those two lines from the config.plist:

ig-platform-id

0x16160002

Sorry - i should have mentioned that.

I wonder if there might be an issue with the fact that your files are for e7450 and i have a e7250, for example the boot argument nv_disable=1 makes no sense when my laptop does not have any nvidia graphics, right? I don't know too much about this, I admit.

• Moderators

Those files are old, use the Sierra pack I posted above. Your KP could be due to not having DVMT set to 96MB.

By removing the ig-platform-id, you prevented graphics from loading.

You can remove nv_disable if you like, it won't cause any issue with it on.