[Dell Latitude E5420] macOS Installer Not Showing Up In Clover

hmstith

I had made a macOS High Sierra install disk for my laptop and I followed the instructions for Legacy Latitudes. When I booted to the USB drive I am greeted with a Latitude Clover screen but my USB drive is not a boot option. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks for any help in advance.

• Administrators

well if the usb drive is new and your trying to install to it then you need to format it using disk utility. also check that your clover has HFSPlus.efi driver in clover/drivers64 folder. if your working with APFS on an ssd then make sure to also have that driver in clover

Yep, it checks all of those boxes. But what intrigues me is the fact that when I try to use Enoch it shows the drive as a bootable option. I say try to use Enoch because I have no clue how to get it to work without giving me MACH_REBOOT messages.

Some quick updates I should mention: I am now able to boot in UEFI mode but using Dell Latitude E5420 EFI folder does not boot into Clover so I am using one that I slightly modified form the base Clover one, also now my USB drive has 2 partitions one for Clover and one for the Installer. But it is still not able to detect the installer.

Here is my current Clover folder: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/wwooopyh2zm6t0h/CLOVER.zip?dl=0

• Moderators

Do you have AHCI enabled in BIOS?

You mentioned working on UEFI mode. Can you go to Boot Option and add a new boot option, create any name and browse to /EFI/Clover/Cloverx64.efi?

If it hangs there when you do that, than you can use UEFI, go with Legacy.