B85M-D3H plus G3220 CPU

steve-tmq

Hi to you all. Let me give you some background before I ask my question.  I am writing this on a Lenovo G50-70 i3 running Maverics so the kernel had to be patch and I needed the boot flags  cpus=1 dart=0 VT-d.

I'v said all this so you know the experience I have.  

I now have a Gigabyte B85M-D3H with Intel G3220 CPU and 2Gb RAM.   I have tried Maverics and Mountain Lion using myHack.  

Both reboot at the same place; when using boot flag -v I get screen after screen showing its reading the kext's then just as the last one is read the system reboots.  If i don't use the -v option I get a blank screen for 2 seconds or so and then the apple logo on gray screen comes up and system reboots after less than a second.

I'v tried boot flags cpus=1 dart=0 VT-d PCIRoot=1 in differient(sorry for the spelling I am dyslexic..)  combinations

Dose any one have any ideas for me to try?   

Thank you for your help but I think you have misread my post and jumped in with the obvious answer 10.9 with a patched kernel was the first install I tried because its the one I installed on my laptop.  

As I said in my post,  The problem I am having is NOT the haswell early reboot problem that is fixed by the patch.

The symptoms of the haswell early boot problem are different. With the haswell the kernel reboots before the kext's are read.  the problem I am having is after the kext's are read as seen when using the -v flag.

I moved to an older version of OS X (10.8) because the G3220 is older than the i3 I have in the laptop and as the (10.9) patched kernel did not work I thought it was too new.