Optiplex 3050 (Skylake): seeking help for High Sierra

shania

Hi I have Dell Optiplex 3050 I have followed numerous guide to install High Seirra. I have managed to get to the installer, Intel HD 530 showing with full acceleration, ethernet en0, imessage works, Power Management works fine. What does not work is 4k ( i have connected to 4k TV using display port 1.2 I have also tried high speed hdmi cable), HDMI Audio and Onboard Audio.

I believe lot of you got succeed on 3040 would someone here mind creating A to Z guide with requiring files to get me up and running. I guess 3040 is similar to 3050. I love to start from scratch once again as you guys have slightly diff setup to clover usb than mine. I hope some one shed some light on me.

Thanks

Shania

Hi Jake Lo,

Thanks for your time. I have managed to installed from scratch and managed to get HDMI Audio, on board audio to work everything else works fine. Sleep wake, imessage.

What does not work is 4k. I am trying to get through frame buffer settings using clover.

HD530 graphics

I am trying to add Appleintelframebuffer patch to clover and trying to get 4k.

When I connect via HDMI and open IOregistery I can see my HDMI on AppleIntelFrameBuffer @1 on port 0x5 (00 08 00 00) when I do same for DP I can see AppleIntelFrameBuffer @2 on port 0x6 (00 08 00 00).

my hdmi Audio works fine on both port whether I have patch applied on clover or not. Boot normal always

I have Dell Optiplex 3050 which has only 2 ports one is HDMI and one is DP.

I have also copied CoreDisplayfixup.kext and lilu.kext to clover kext folder. I have also applied AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer 9 Cursor patch.

I don't know whether I need appleintelframebuffer patch or not. Also when I add 4 display patch my system boots upto half way with apple logo then it restarts but when I disable it boots normal.

I would appreciate if some one could spend little time on my setup and see where am I getting wrong.

Many thanks for your time in advance.
Shania

kexts.zip

files.zip

Hi Jake Lo,

I don't know how it is working did many test for HDMI audio and on board audio now I don't even need to patch applehda for onboard audio all I did is patched using mirone's patch but didn't copy applehda.kext to S/L/E left it untouched then I copy codecmaster.kext and dummyhda.kext to clover / others. For HDMI used 530 ssdt together with series 1 ssdt.

My bios is 1.3.7 and attached my settings.

bios.zip

I have tested long sleep (over night) checked in the morning Audio was working on both HDMI as well as on board.

Regarding CoreDisplayFixeup, do I have to use release.zip kext right I have copied same file to clover/others with lilu.kext but still no luck.

• Moderators

@shania,

Tried you BIOS settings and Config file for my 7040 with HD530, but didn't have same success as you, it rebooted on wake.

Oh well, more testing.

As for your 4k issue, the CoreDisplayFixup + Lilu.kext suppose to fix that issue, but since it's not, you could look into the older solution

https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2

So looking at your Config, you should disable port 6 HDMI patch since it's a DP connection and not HDMI, you should have audio output without it.