Sign in to follow this  
Allan

Cover photo on new forum

The new Forum looks are amazing guys, your work are very good!

Thank you so much, not just for this big upgrade but for all help that you gave me ;)

One doubt, we'll be able to put a cover photo in our profile?

3 hours ago, Allan said:

The new Forum looks are amazing guys, your work are very good!

Thank you so much, not just for this big upgrade but for all help that you gave me ;)

One doubt, we'll be able to put a cover photo in our profile?

You can. Try setting one and let me know. 

Works now. Had to be enabled per user group (of which we have a lot). Any member of OSXLatitude can now upload a cover photo by going to their profile and uploading one. 

OR .. sync cover from a FB profile (when using FB authentication login / next to or instead of a normal password protected login). That works a little different though. You then first have to click edit profile icon below your profile picture (step1). And even though it might already have synced the profile picture before (step2)? Just save it again (step3), and then it will auto-parse the cover photo from FB. You can then reposition the cover photo -- like any other cover -- by pressing "Cover Photo" dropdown menu topright (step4) of the cover and then "Reposition Photo". Attached a screenshot to clarify the 4 steps:

2018-04-07_OSXL_cover-photo_facebook-sync.png

My our pleasure! ;)

Still exploring all the new features myself. And I just found there's a shorter way to authenticate with FB, including how to sync cover photo (and even have it update automatically when changing FB cover in the future), or how to 'Disassociate Facebook' from one's OSXL account . See: https://osxlatitude.com/settings/facebook/

As you probably all know -- due to extensive media coverage (Britannica  case / USA senate (?) hearing, etc.) -- there have been some changes to FaceBook's privacy rules and use of their API / dev Apps. More specifically: unrestricted access for new FB apps was closed after May 1st, 2018. All Facebook apps created after May 1st, 2018 require review and approval from Facebook before August 2018. Sounds easy ... but haven't quite wrapped my brain around how to make the necessary modifications. Hence why OSXL's Facebook authentication and cover photo syncing has been disabled (for now). OSXL's Twitter / Google+ / e-mail registration & authentication still works like a charm of course. Including how anyone can stillmanually upload their cover photo; what this forum thread is about ;) 

• Like 1