[Solved] E6230 High Sierra - Lid problem

On 8/30/2018 at 6:10 AM, scram69 said:

I have the same problem with sleep closing the lid.  Can you describe how you patched the DSDT file?   By "original", do you mean the one in the boot pack linked in your first post?

Thanks-

Hi, sorry for the late answer

I don't remember well the patched used in my DSDT, but I definitely applied those, and by "original" I mean the one that you can find under ACPI/origin after having dumped it in Clover

Attached is my DSDT in its actual state so you can try, I also had to set darkwake=no in Clover Configurator (under the Boot section) to have the screen turn on when I open the lid

DSDT.aml.zip

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, I am still using A11 BIOS, so that solution wouldn't work for me.  But I did finally track down and solve the problem.  It was a lengthy, painful detective process.  On March 24th 2018, in this post, Jake posted his E6230 A11 BIOS bootpack.  It contains an additional SSDT file: SSDT-PNLF.aml.

This file is not referenced in the Sierra/HighSierra guide.  But it is what I needed to add to my /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched in order to have my E6230 sleep when I close the lid.