[Solved] E6230 High Sierra - Lid problem

Kuruyia

Hello, i've installed High Sierra on my Dell Latitude E6230 (i7 3520m, BIOS A19) this afternoon using this post, and fixed all the bugs i've encountered, but now the lid doesn't put the computer in sleep mode (it was working after the installation)

I think that the problem occured when I replaced the DSDT.aml with this one.

My EFI folder is attached here, thanks in advance ^^

EFI.zip

• Administrators

I've no issue with my modified DSDT from BIOS A19 and based on the above exchanges, your issue is clearly not DSDT related. Something else has changed.

Did you check your hibernation configuration? What mode are you on? Please post output of Terminal command

pmset -g

Refer to the FAQ forum section for Sleep configuration.

Here's what I got:

The first time I executed pmset -g, I saw that the hibernatemode and hibernatefile settings were back to their default values, and i'm 100% sure I've used the 3 commands to disable hibernation
I've executed the commands again and rebooted to see if it survives a reboot, and it did, so I don't really know why it has done that (And the sleep mode was working correctly when used via the Apple menu)
The uploaded image is from after the reboot

It didn't fixed the lid sadly

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.17.10.png

Can you upload a copy of your EFI folder so I can try it ?

Maybe I'm missing something

I did some experimentations and when I boot from the Clover in my USB installation driver rather than my SSD, the lid isn't working at first but works after the computer goes randomly into sleep mode