[Solved] E6230 High Sierra - Lid problem

Ok, I've tried to replicate your configuration:

I've removed these kexts:

• IntelGraphicFixup
  • AppleBackLightInjector
  • DisableTurboBoostBattery (These 3 kexts are from the bootpack I used)
  • AppleALC (But now the sound isn't working, same if I remove AppleHDA and leave AppleALC, and I don't get what you mean by Dummy IDT kext)

I'm using IntelMausiEthernet (installed in /S/L/E as said in its installation guide) which has better performance on my network, that's why I don't have AppleIntelE1000e

SSDT-PNLF also comes from the bootpack I used, should I delete it ?

And if I move all the files from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to /L/E, the system becomes unstable (the system goes into sleep mode randomly, sometimes the touchpad/keyboard aren't working)

Attached is the actual state of the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder (The files with the green tags are coming from the EFI folder you've already uploaded, which I used to fix some bugs I had before the lid problem)

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 18.58.24.png

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

'beats me...

Maybe you ought to check your BIOS settings against the recommended ones. And use my DSDT alongside my set of kexts.

You got it wrong with AppleALC/dummy IDT kext. You either:

• use AppleALC with vanilla AppleHDA but different codec layout (can't remember the value but listed on the kext's wiki)

or

• use dummy IDT kext + patched AppleHDA (former in /L/E or Clover/kexts/Other, latter always kept in /S/L/E)

Now, your Clover config clearly applies the AppleHDA patch on the fly, so there was no questioning on the method you used to me. Seems there is some confusion on the matter...

Concerning audio: Yup, it confuses me, I went for your first solution so I removed the AppleHDA kext, placed Lilu and AppleALC and checked the layout (12 according to the wiki for the IDT92HD93), and it's perfectly working (survives sleep/reboot, headphone switching ok) !

For the BIOS options, everything is the same as this page, except that the Boot List Option is UEFI

The problem if I use the DSDT from your EFI_E6230 archive is that the system becomes unstable, it sets the screen brightness to the minimal at boot, goes into sleep mode on the login screen and randomly after I logged in, resetting the brightness too, and the lid still doesn't work

That's why I've changed the DSDT to the one you've posted here

Something I saw while experimenting with the lid is that it works after I manually put the computer into sleep mode, via the Apple menu

These settings are kept using the A19 DSDT, and the original DSDT from the archive still suffers from the random sleep bug

• Administrators

CPU power management was not running. Ok after deleting the SSDT table installed in Clover's ACPI/patched folder and regenerating a new one after having installed Pike R Alpha's tool properly and adjusted Clover's ACPI config. Also re-installed my A19's patched DSDT since E6230 runs A19 but patched DSDT of a previous version was in place.

OP states that Sleep through closing the lid still randomly fails but I know by experience that it sometimes takes several long seconds to kick in. Maybe that's what the actual problem is now that CPU PM is effectively in place and hibernation most definitely disabled. Wake for network access was also disabled in Energy Saver PrefPane.

Can't see any reason why closing the lid would not put computer to sleep now, apart from a hardware problem.