Installing/upgrading to Mojave - Optiplex 9020 (HD4600)

naulaksan

Thanks to all and especially Jake Lo for making this just so easy with the guides and bootpacks.

Followed the guides here after trying the unifail/multifail methods without full success (no sound). Now it seems to be working perfectly. I believe no internal audio is normal?

I did need to upgrade to a much faster USB stick (old very slow USB2 drive took forever to boot the installer), but otherwise, just took it slow and methodically.

Sorry, but I'm only on a standard 1080p monitor, so unable to test 4k.

The EFI folder was exactly as per Jake Lo's upload earlier in the thread, so no point reuploading it. Also Feizhai has kindly quoted it a few posts up.

And yes, I believe it was a APFS format disk, initially formatted this way using Disk Util after booting off the USB drive.

I did find I didn't have the latest A22 bios installed. Upgrading to that fixed the last "quirk" I was having with sleep not working right. Now it just works. It doesn't wake as fast as my imac, but it does do it.

Hi everyone.

I too have a problem with my dual monitor setup since High Sierra, back a year ago. I have successfully upgraded to 10.14.1, and I have two standard 1080p monitors connected on the integrated HD4600 graphics card - a Samsung oldish one via a dp to vga cable which works flawlessly, and a DELL U2414H via a dp to dp cable. Although the system always boots with both screens operating, the DELL screen will loose its signal every now and then. When both displays sleep when they are supposed to (just the displays - I never put the system to sleep as I need it to run 24/7), the DELL screen stays black until you turn it off and on 3-4 times. I have noticed that when I use the latest version of the now deprecated IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, the screen wakes up more easily as opposed to using the latest WhatEverGreen.kext. I followed the High Sierra to Mojave upgrade instructions to the letter, haven't used any weird kexts, and I haven't set any weg flags, framebuffer patches or IDs for the specific graphics card. If necessary I can provide my clover folder (which unfortunately I cannot access at the time of writing this post).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!