E6230 Upgrade to Mojave - Has Anyone Had Success?

Edtlogin

Hello everyone,

I have a Dell Latitude E6230 with the following specifications:

CPU: i7-3520M

RAM: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3

SSD: 128GB Samsung PM830

HD 4000 Graphics

BIOS version A11

I want to install macOS Mojave on this laptop from High Sierra. I just wanted to know if anyone has had success with this, and if so, if they can help me with an issue I have been having. Personally, I have installed the operating system, and it boots up fine for the most part, but midway through, the system says "busy timeout [0], (60sec): ' AppleACPICPU'" and boots up to a black screen after a few minutes. Basically unusable, nothing works as of right now. I will be attaching my clover folder so hopefully someone can tell me what I have to do to fix this error and complete the installation of macOS Mojave on this laptop. If you can, please help. If you can't, it's fine too.

Thank you in advance, 

-Edtlogin

CLOVER.zip

• Moderators

Don't need driver64 folder, just drivers64UEFI with this settings with latest Clover v4700

• Install for UEFI booting only
  • Install Clover in the ESP
  • Drivers64UEFI\DataHubDxe-64
  • Drivers64UEFI\FSInject-64
  • Drivers64UEFI\SMCHelper-64
  • Drivers64UEFI\ApfsDriverLoader-64
  • Drivers64UEFI\AptioMemoryFix-64
  • Drivers64UEFI\PartitionDxe-64
  • Install Clover Preference Pane 
  • Add to Drivers64UEFI\HFSPlus.efi (Not included in Clover installer)

To Jack Lo:

Boot from USB based Sierra (Clover version 4003). Tried to update the EFI of the Mojave internal HD with the Clover  EFI version 4717. Got the message successfully  installation, but the EFI is not updated. By the way the direct updating from HSierra to Mojave  convert automatically my SSD from HFS+ to Apfs format. Can I keep the HFS format like when I update from Sierra to HSierra?

• Administrators

Unlike High Sierra, Mojave converts partitions to APFS without offering or supporting any facility not to do so. If you want to run Mojave on HFS+, you have to apply patches to your installer. You could try Dosdude1's patcher for instance.