dctacsi

DELL Latitude E7440 DW1550 Bluetooth

Hi,
Today my DW1550 card has finally arrived on my Dell Latitude E7440.
I'm using MacOS Mojave.
WiFi has gone perfectly without any intervention, but Bluetooth is not seen by the system.
Can somebody help me do what I need to make Bluetooth work?
Thanks in advance!

Install BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext & BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /L/E

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for the time being, but I'm still reading and trying!

Although I know that the question doesn't fit here, but you might be able to help me, after the Time Machine recovery, my Recivery HD drive disappears. can it be restored somehow?

@dctacsi

I'll try to create a customized "BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext" for you... :) Maybe this gets your card to work.

Is your BT listed under USB in System Profiler? Like mine? That BCM20702A0...

1147454539_Bildschirmfoto2019-02-06um18_52_44.png.05ee4e1268ee1f40246abf8c803da422.png

Mojave is working without problems.
I wanted to solve a factory Apple Magic Keyboard with the USB installer and in the Clover Boot menu ...

@dctacsi

If I'm not wrong... than you'll never be able to get a BT keyboard working in CLOVER Boot Menu... cause CLOVER has no BlueTooth support.

A "kext" is always intended to be used when the macOS Kernel is loading or is loaded... never before.

@ameeno, that's got nothing to with being able (or not) to use a BT keyboard (or any other BT device to that effect) outwith OS X/macOS and/or at Clover main menu. That can only work through direct pairing which some devices fully support.

Regarding kexts, some just cannot be injected through Clover and have to be cached; eg: AppleHDA.

Anyway, end of off-topic.