Can't get DW1830 to be recognised on Latitude E5570

Frits

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks everyone who has contributed to this forum. I've finally been able to get almost everything working with Mac OS on my Latitude.

I only have one final thing to resolve which is the wlan module I ordered. I ordered a DW1830 because I saw people having good results with it but I just can't get it to work.
To setup the machine to where it is now I've used this guide: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/9179-dell-latitude-e7x70-clover-uefi-only/
I've saw posts regarding kexts and patches but I think those are already included in the clover config from the post.

My laptop is a Dell Latitude e5570 and to install the module I've only attached the black and white cable, so I left the light grey one out.
The system report from the bios shows that the wlan module is installed and enabled. Linux (elementary OS) can also see the device.

In Mac OS I don't see it in the system preferences/network settings. I only see this in the System Information tab.
image.png

I've attached a copy of my Clover folder so I hope I'm just missing something really basic.

CLOVER.zip

• Moderators

Remove these kexts:

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

RealtekRTL8100.kext

RealtekRTL8111.kext

USBPorts-Exx50.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

VoodooTSCSync.kext

XHCI-unsupported.kext

The files you're using seems to be from my Broadwell system E7450. You should use the E7470 file for Skylake.

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/9179-dell-latitude-e7x70-clover-uefi-only/?do=findComment&comment=86790

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

Remove these kexts:

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

RealtekRTL8100.kext

RealtekRTL8111.kext

USBPorts-Exx50.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

VoodooTSCSync.kext

XHCI-unsupported.kext

The files you're using seems to be from my Broadwell system E7450. You should use the E7470 file for Skylake.

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/9179-dell-latitude-e7x70-clover-uefi-only/?do=findComment&comment=86790

Thanks for the reply!

I've tried to boot with the E7470 bootpack but it won't boot. This is what it says right before the crash.

Because it wasn't able to boot I tried to move some kexts from my old bootpack to the new one like the USB ones but without any luck.

After that I decided to try with the old bootpack and remove the kexts you listed. The laptop still boots but there's still no wlan showing up.
I've attached the current bootpack in the attachments. 

Last thing I also tried was deleting airport, networkinterfaces and preferences.plist in the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration folder to try and force it to detect new interfaces.

Is there anything else I could try?

CLOVER.zip

• Administrators

1st of all, let me state that antennas connection bear no relation whatsoever to hardware detection. This being cleared out of the way, did you check if your DSDT would not already inject properies for a totally different wireless card? Very common, especially as one re-uses existing files from another installation. 'been there myself too in the past.

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2019 at 12:04 PM, Hervé said:

1st of all, let me state that antennas connection bear no relation whatsoever to hardware detection. This being cleared out of the way, did you check if your DSDT would not already inject properies for a totally different wireless card? Very common, especially as one re-uses existing files from another installation. 'been there myself too in the past.

Thanks for the tip. I have no experience with changing DSDT yet so I have no idea how to check that but I'm going to look into it now. I only see that the bios does see a wireless card installed.

On 3/14/2019 at 2:32 PM, Jake Lo said:

@LatitudeRetard

Post full system specs and 

please post debug file

Got a lshw output and the debug file in the attachment below. Thanks for helping me out.

13 minutes ago, Jake Lo said:

Hard to read from the raw IOReg file. Try this app and attach the file

Also try this config

config.plist.zip

Thank you so much! The config.plist worked and I'm now connected via wifi!

Is there any way to support this forum? I wouldn't have been able to get it working without your help.