Sign in to follow this  
ggmartinez

E7490 headphones not working

Hello guys.

I've installed Mojave on my Latitude E7490, following this guide made by Hervé

It works incredible, but I'm having issue with the headphones jack.

I've tried with two different headsets, both did not work. The audio preferences show "headphone output" every time I connect them, so it's detected but not working.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you all!

None whatsoever; if you've installed the kexts + config I provided, all should work. The only thing to note with audio is that, sometimes, after waking the laptop, audio is corrupted. It takes a new sleep/wake to recover.

Which kexts are you referring?

Now that I see, in your guide it says that your audio device was "PCI ven id 0x10ec, dev id 0x0256", in my case is "PCI ven id 0x8086, dev id 0x9d71".

Could that be causing an issue?

You're confusing things and are mistaken re: PCI ids. You need to read my guides with more attention (especially the 1st post). In a nutshell, the intel audio device is the controller and Realtek is the audio codec.

When I said "add-on kexts", I meant all the kexts you use for your Hackintosh, those provided in the bootpack.

Hello, I am having the same issue. I copied the kexts into said folder with proper permissions. I am using the latest kext on github if that make a difference. Any assistance would be appreciated!