E7250: Can't compile DSDT with MaciASL

skyrilhd

I made a Hackintosh for E7250 and it works perfectly. But I have a problem...

I made in GitHub a project (as seen here: https://github.com/SkyrilHD/Dell-E7250-Hackintosh/projects/2) and the only thing left is the SD-Card Reader.

Unfortunately, this requires a DSDT patch (this is the guide that I'm referring to: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/7346-applesdxc-driverdsdt-patch-for-o2-micro-sd-card-readers/)

I built my DSDT in Windows and patched it for macOS. And the DSDT is working fine, but if I open it with MaciASL and let it compile, it gives me errors even I didn't change anything in the DSDT.

The errors I get:

Line: 11524 Code: 6126 Message: syntax error, unexpected "}"
Line: 22683 Code: 6126 Message: syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

So, I don't know what I did wrong, maybe you guys can refer me to a guide (That would appreciated)...

I also added my DSDT file, maybe you guys can help me to find the issue that I can't find it for a few hours.

Thank you and have a nice day

DSDT.rar

• Moderators

Known bug, error will occur every time you reopen a *.aml file. Just apply this patch.

Best practice is to decompile the file to *.dsl. Apply the above patch, add whatever patch(es) you like to it.

Save the *.dsl for future patches you might want to add or remove. Compile the file to *.aml when you want to test it.

Go back to the *.dsl and make other changes not the *.aml file.

With that said, why not just use my bootpack for E7450 (similar system but bigger) that uses hotpatches. No need for static DSDT.The SD Card read can be patch in the Config file found in my E7450 guide

• Administrators

Indeed, you can avoid the DSDT patch for the SD card reader by injecting the necessary property in Clover. This being said, I suggest you consult the existing E7250 guide so that you don't re-invent the wheel...