Myhack install cannot advance past apple logo/spinner

Wayne

Hello again have flashed the Bios with the one on the site for the d630 which I thought would helped have a nice apple logo instead of the dell one now but sadly the install still wont happen same thing happens after all the steps mentioned above even with the Bios being flashed to make it more seamless???, any help please

• Administrators

look in your bios and check your video card type and resolution also check if your wifi is intel if it is shut it off in bios. or remove it as it won't work on osx and it will keep you from installing osx. the graphics info is another factor... if it is high resolution screen then the flashed bios is no good. you would need to go back to stock if it states that it's nvidia then you need to use the nvidia boot pack now if it's high res intel crest line graphics you need to dig around the forum for a high res dsdt.

look in your bios and check your video card type and resolution also check if your wifi is intel if it is shut it off in bios. or remove it as it won't work on osx and it will keep you from installing osx. the graphics info is another factor... if it is high resolution screen then the flashed bios is no good. you would need to go back to stock if it states that it's nvidia then you need to use the nvidia boot pack now if it's high res intel crest line graphics you need to dig around the forum for a high res dsdt.

Hello i have already removed the wifi card and replaced it with an up to date one which will work with OSX, my screen resolution is 1440/900 intel graphics , I would have thought though that if the graphics wern't going to work then you would see nothing at all , I do manage to see the apple logo and spinner for a couple of seconds , apparently others are having the same issue on here with 2,2 , so you suggest going back to stock Bios??, how do you install dsdt as I cannot find a walk through of how to do this

thanks

• Administrators

yes go back to stock bios as you have the high resolution model... as for dsdt.aml it just goes in your extra folder. there are high res packs available in the form for your model i just do not recall the link but it's here some where. as for my hack.... you might need to redo the installer or reinstall chameleon if your stuck at blinking -.

Wayne, Go to forums, click on series 6XX models, go to page 2, Topic: D630 - Intel 1440x900 Success by member Nac. In his post he links to member Simeonoffs high resolution DSDT which you download and use to replace the DSDT.aml for stock resolution. You will have to follow his instructions (in his section labeled installation) to make changes elsewhere in the installer to get it to boot properly.