DW1820A issues on Mojave Latitude 7450

Subscryber

Edit: I have a DW1820A. -- I followed the guide and everything was working fine with the ASPM patch, but upon rebooting, it hangs on boot, and the only way I can get back into OSX is to disable my wireless in BIOS and go without again. I don't really understand what happened, as it was quite stable after the ASPM patch. Any help would be appreciated. 

• Administrators

Yup, we have a guide for that model. However I must remind you that DW1820A cards are based on BCM4350 chipset, not BCM94352Z; as such, you ought to verify exactly what you bought before anything else...

I just opened it up to verify again, and I have: part # CN-0VW3T3. I followed the guide by injecting properties through Clover Configurator and it was working for some time. I eventually had to disable it as it would eventually crash. Disabling ASPM appeared to make it stable, but then it shut down randomly and it hangs on boot if my wireless is enabled in BIOS now. 

I have another, part # CN-08PKF4, which I've tried, and it does the same thing, it hangs on boot. I don't believe it's an issue with the cards, but perhaps something I did wrong with the injection, but the injection did work initially, and the ASPM disabling fixed it for a while until it crashed. Could it be some other kext or Airport patching issue? I suppose I'll look into the pin masking method.

Don't want to speak too soon, but it appears I have fixed it by copying BRCM kexts from the Latitude boot pack to Library/Extensions. I thought I had done that, but perhaps I hadn't, and this might have fixed my issue. I appreciate the help, I will edit later to confirm if this solved my issue.