[Success] 10.15.4 on a Dell Latitude E7270 M.2 12.5" Touch

WhiteDragon

Quick Touch-Base touchscreen driver "primer":

(1) Research the vendor ID and product ID and interface type (USB versus I2C) of your touchscreen. Touch-Base will NOT work with I2C devices. For my E7270, the vendor ID is x03EB and the product ID is x8A83 -- I found them using the Windows Device Manager.

(2) Go to https://touch-base.com/download and download and run the Mac version of the UPDD utility (upddui.dmg).

(3) If the UPDD utility automatically detects and determines what your device is, you are golden. If it does not, provide the vendor ID and model ID of the touchscreen and all other system information requested.

(4) Submit a driver request.

Touch-Base sent me a driver within minutes, so they already had a good matching driver for my E7270. You can try it out for 30 days before purchasing it.

Unfortunately, it is pricey. It will cost you $123.50 for the driver plus lifetime warranty/maintenance. $114 for the driver plus 5 years of warranty/maintenance and $104.50 for the driver plus one year of warranty/maintenance. The driver with no warranty or maintenance is $95.

Cheers!

In response to the Elan statement from Jake Lo, on the ASUS laptop I hacked, I had an Elan 9008 touchscreen that I got partially working using VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext and GPIO pinning. Cursor follow and gestures wok, so I can move the cursor and scroll with the Elan touchscreen. I have not been able to get clicking/selecting to work, yet.

• Moderators

Not I2C, it's definitely USB. The UPDD app did find your device as shown in your screenshot above. So I assume installing the drivers to /L/E or /S/L/E didn't work?

Make sure you have repair permissions and rebuild cache. Best to use Hackintool to do the install, it does all of it.

What's the name of the kext you install from touch-base?

I don't see it in your debug files or in kextcache_log. Did you install it at all?

not yet, i send a request to them and wait.

ok i start to try kext on s/l/e and then l/e.

can you please advise me on which kext to try?

VooDooIC2  or ApplePS2  ???

sorry but I'm making a lot of confusion right now. Thank you.