7370 Catalina 15.4 camera doesn't work

jonat

Installed Catalina used Jake Lo's bootpack on my 7370, initially on 15.2 with camera working. Recently updated the system to 15.4 and updated Lilu Whatevergreen and Clover. I just realized camera can no longer be detected by the system. My EFI folder is attached, can anyone help me figure out why? Thank you!

EFI.zip

• Moderators

Delete SSDT-UIAC_E7470.aml. In Config file, under kextToPatch, enable the 2 USB Port limit patches for 10.15.x

That should enable all USB Ports in your system. You should then use Hackintool to generate new SSDT-UIAC / USBPorts.kext. 

Did you try this bootpack for Catalina - 3rd post?

Thank you, Jake, for the response. After going back and forth a few times, I was able to fix the issue.

Short story - I removed the SSDT-UIAC_E7470.aml file and it worked.

Long story - I tried the bootpack you quoted but it doesn't work, the E7370 aml file doesn't help my case either. I ended up using the Hackintool and figured out that the camera usb was never activated in the system. After deleting the aml file, it got detected by the system and worked immediately.

Hi I have followed your directions carefully and double checked everything but the bootpack isn't working. I also tried the EFI from the other members posts but they don't seem to be working and are getting stuck(I let sit at the apple logo for long time). I am on bios version 1.18.5 of dell latitude 7370(touchscreen version). 

23 hours ago, Jake Lo said: Did you generate a new SSDT-UIAC.aml for this system? If so, can you attach it for future reference.  No, other than trying the 7370 SSDT-UIAC file and finding it's not working, I did not create any new aml files. There is no SSDT-UIAC.aml files in my 'patched' folder. After two days, everything seems to be still working. Thank you!