PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
fabio64370

M4800: Clover EFI pack requested for Catalina

Hi zogthegreat

I have got one DELL M4800 with AMD Fire Pro 5100, can you share your EFI folder please?

This should me to install Catalina on it?

Thanks for your help.

Fabrice

I hate to chime in with me too, however...

I have a m4800 with an i7-4800mq cpu, high res screen and Nvidia K2100 graphics.  I haven't been able to find an efi config that'll run the installer. 

If somebody could post one it'd be much appreciated :-)

I might be able to help. I don't have a precision m4800 but I do have an E6540 Latitude with the same specs besides the graphics. I have an EFI for my E6540 that runs macOS Catalina but I'm not a hundred percent that it will work but for sure give it a go.

CLOVER.zip

There has not been much talk about installing Catalina on the M4800/M6800 but the clover folder that I have provided should hopefully get you to the install screen. I can help more when you guys need it

@Riley Cassel, I have a working clover folder for Catalina, and the same hardware as you (K2100M, QHD+ screen which means eDP motherboard).

Good News = It boots into Catalina and most of the hardware is already setup.

Bad News = No internal screen unless you disable the nvidia drivers (nv_disable=1)

You can also find more information on my GitHub Repo regarding the M4800 and Hackintoshing here: https://github.com/Xeon3D/PrecisionMx800-Hackintosh

EFI.zip

• Thanks 1

Guys, you may want to consult this old thread that explained a few things...

And @Xeon3D's repo is quite extensive on the matter too. It's a highly recommended reading as far as I'm concerned.