D430 - Kernel Panic on Lion Install

Alissa

Dear Syonagar,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Before I submit the above question, I already installed Extra boot pack and run MyFix full mode. I also tried to remove some files according to the articles in this thread, but no improvement. Now I will try to boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f to see if it works.

Jerome

Dear Jerome,

For your information, there is no major issue when using myhack 3.1 to prepare the usb installer. You just need to run it again to install Extra bootpack for your model downloaded from the Installation top menu above and then run myfix full mode. You also need to boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f. We have also released EDP 3 which have been improved to work in tandem with myhack / myfix.

Cheers!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Syonagar,

I followed your instructions: installed Extra bootpack for D430 and run MyFix full mode, and boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f. The installation hanged with the following information:

ApplePS2Trackpad: ALPS GlidePoint v8.99

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

ACPI_SMC_Idle_CtrlLoop::initPlatformCtrlLoop - p-stat count 4 so forced idle should be handled by ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop - exiting

DSMOS has arrived

ACPI_SMCPlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

And I am using BIOS A09, with all settings by default. According to the BIOS, my video controller is Intel 945GMS Graphics (video BIOS version 1343, video memory 8MB). I got the same result without the boot option "arch=i386".

I also tried to use the Generic Extra provided by MyHack. When booting without arch option, it hanged after showing the "C-State power management not initialized" message. When booting with "arch=i386", it got a kernel panic after the "C-State" message, saying that:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMA950(7,0)[......

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6.8)[......

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVsupport(2.3.2)[.......

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.3.2)[.......

Can you tell me what's going wrong with my installation?

Currently I am installing with 10.7.4. Shall I change to a lower version of Lion, such as 10.7.3 or 10.7?

Thanks and Regards,

Jerome

Dear Jerome,

For your information, there is no major issue when using myhack 3.1 to prepare the usb installer. You just need to run it again to install Extra bootpack for your model downloaded from the Installation top menu above and then run myfix full mode. You also need to boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f. We have also released EDP 3 which have been improved to work in tandem with myhack / myfix.

Cheers!

Seems the problem is with Lion 10.7.4. After changed to 10.7.3, installation went smoothly, and finally I got Lion installed on hard drive and dual boot successfully with Windows XP.

d430 needs a dsdt.aml and does not run properly in 64 bit it must use arch=i386