E7270: no TouchPad, Ethernet or audio in Sierra

seebirds

Hi !

I'm currently trying to get a ok install on a E7270 (1366x768, no touch). ApplePS2Controller makes the keyboard recognized as ANSI (mine is ISO…), so I tried VoodooPS2, which makes the keyboard works properly but then my trackpad won't work :/

I also can't get Ethernet to work (even though IntelMausi is loaded, I can't get the interface recognized) and audio. EDIT: I've rebuilt the kernel cache and now I have audio working

Haven't tried HDMI/DP output yet, and I still have the original wifi card (I'm planning to buy a DW1560 though).

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

1) With ApplePS2Controller, plugin USB keyboard. When prompt, select ISO keyboard, if you don't get prompt, then go to Keyboard preference and click change keyboard type.

If you were trying Dr. Hurt's kext, read my comments. See the version I have tested to work. I can't remember since I have tested a few.

2) Not sure why a few are not able to detect the Ethernet, mine picked it up just fine. Can you confirm the you have Intel Ethernet and not some other brand?

Also check BIOS that it's enabled.

3) Make sure you copied AppleHDA_ALC293.kext to /Library/Extensions and repair permission and rebuild cache. Looks carefully in the output that you see AppleHDA_ALC293 is permitted and cache was build successfully. Error 17 can be ignored, but if error 77, run the commands again.

1) I'll try it tomorrow.
2) Did a lspci yesterday, I'm pretty sure it was an intel ethernet card (0x8086/0x156F). I tried to update to the latest IntelMausi kext (2.2) but I still have the same issue (this time I checked with kextstat to see if the kext has been loaded). When I plug an Ethernet cable, I get a yellow light.
3) That problem was fixed with a kextcache rebuild,

The USB keyboard trick did not work as this only applies to an external keyboard, not the internal one. I tried to mix VoodooPS2 and ApplePS2 but that didn't worked out that well…

For the ethernet issue, I finally solved it by disabling Legacy ROM in the BIOS.

• Like 1

• Moderators

For the ethernet issue, I finally solved it by disabling Legacy ROM in the BIOS.

Interesting. Ethernet detected on both enabled or disabled Legacy ROM for my system. I had to enabled it during a Sierra install because it causes some weird artifacts. But it seems okay now with either enabled or disabled. 

I had weird artefacts at boot whether Legacy ROM was activated or not. Mieze (IntelMausi's author) recommended to disable all ROM which could interfere with the LAN chip when you get the "Failed to get adapter data" error in the kext logs.

Do you know if the sources are available for the ApplePS2Controller you've included in your bootpack ? I'd like to give a try at backporting Alps v7 trackpad support into VoodooPS2.

• Moderators

Kext was developed by our Developer EmlyDinesh, you could try contacting him, but this is a generic kext for any mouse, not specific to Alps.

For Alps, you can try DrHurt's kext, I think he has the source in GitHub. He'll be interested with help since he doesn't have the hardware to test for v7.

Thank's, I'll try to work on it soon.

I realised that I have weird issues with HDMI : I can't get video on both displays when my external display is plugged at boot. When I plug my external display after boot, I have weird color and geometry, and the laptop screen is black (but backlight on). I have to close the laptop lid, then reopen it, then replug my HDMI monitor to get both the HDMI monitor and the internal display to work.